Castle

Arthur POV:

Cracks appeared in the coffin of ice that had trapped Cordelia. I gulped as I readied myself.

[Lightning Punch] 

[God's Fist]

I used lightning punch while Kathyln used god's fist, both techniques we learnt from Jude. Cordelia broke out of the coffin and had a shocked expression on her face as she parried our attacks. 

She then concentrated fire mana to her left hand and hit Kathlyn, spending her flying. 

I pulled back my left fist and used [Lightning Strike Fist]. Somehow, she was able to perfectly counter my attack and used [God's Fist] on me. 

My body smashed down on the ground as I groaned. 

[Sub-zero Black Moon]

A swirling mass of ice magic black in colour conjured up next to Kathyln. Cordelia smiled eagerly as she conjured up a similar spell but made of fire magic instead of ice magic. 

The two attacks collided and Cordelia's spell won, hitting Kathyln and knocking her out.

I gritted my teeth and brought out my spare sword, executing Jude's swordplay combined with Kordri's footwork designed for agile movement at sharp turns. 

Cordelia blocked and parried all my attacks using martial arts of her own that oddly reminded me of Jude while also using mana barriers. She then teleported behind me and whispered, "This was fun while it lasted."

I turned around to see Cordelia executing a move I knew much too well.

[Black Dragon Cross Strike]

A black dragon made of aether and mana manifested around her two hands that hit straight at my chest after breaking through my defences. My consciousness started to fade as I forcefully exited third stage of my dragon will.

I could make out Sylvie screaming in my head, while Tess had gotten up and was also yelling for me. Yet, the sounds all faded around me, even in my head as consciousness slipped through my body.

"You did well, Arthur," a clear voice boomed through my ears. 

Ah, Jude was here.

I gave up resisting and let myself take a break and leave it to him.

Jude POV:

This was going well. Too well. Our forces were pushing back Alacaryan forces without any trouble at all. 

My brows furrowed as I wondered how this could go so well when we had almost always been on the back foot throughout the war.

Anxious, I closed my eyes to sense any big disturbance of mana or aether in the vicinity. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

I had a hunch that something was happening, so I stepped outside with Bairon, "Bairon, follow me."

"Seth, report back to General Varay. She'll be in charge of the battle," Bairon ordered, gesturing the soldier away before following me obediently. 

I had thought that the relationship between Bairon and I would be tense due to the fact that I killed his brother in a torturous manner, however, contrary to my expectations, Bairon was someone who seemed to obey military rankings and he immediately accepted me as a Commander.

We both flew up to the air and turned around to look. Bairon started to say, "There's nothing unusual Comma..." when an unusual glitter of light in the distance attracted my attention.

Bairon stopped speaking as we stared at the source of the red and black blaze miles away. We looked at one another in search of someone who knew what was going on, until a wave of shock and realisation came to me.