Sword

Jude POV:

Both Lilia's father and mother were already waiting for us at their auction house. It was our first time seeing either of them after the incident so Arthur was faced with another long string of questions from the two of them regarding his health. After much coaxing and reassuring them that he was fine, we finally went inside. I could tell that Vincent had been less than thrilled by the treatment the King had shown regarding this incident.

The King's representative had told us that night that both the augmenter that had attacked him and Sebastian had been stripped of their nobility. Vincent merely scoffed when my dad told him this, though.

Rolling his eyes, the auction house owner spat out that their sentencing was nothing but comforting lies. "Bah! Men like them... as soon as they get their wrists slapped, and they just take a relaxing break for a bit, they'll It won't be long before they'll have their positions back."

I noticed my father tightly clenching his fists, but these sorts of politics were all too familiar to me.

Father went off with Vincent to meet the guards, while Tabitha took our carriage back to take care of Lilia, leaving only us two searching for a sword. 

The storage hall was littered with vaguely sorted crates and many miscellaneous goods. Vincent told us that the auction house stored a lot of goods, from merchants and adventurers and some from the Dwarven Kingdom. 

There had been almost no business transactions done with elves ever since the war over a neutral territory had reached a stalemate. Over the years, relations between the two races were said to have gotten better, to the point of even having a friendly tournament, but it would be a slow process before the enmity is actually ceased. 

Dwarven weapons and armour are considered the best because of the races' innate mastery in the field, however, elves had their specialities in bows and conjurer wands and staffs. Peering through the endless rows of shelves and racks, I picked out a few to test. It didn't take long before I stuffed it back on the shelf it came from, malcontent by the crude workmanship of the swords. The balance between the blade and the grip had all been off and were shaped sloppily with no mind for executing all but simple swings or thrusts.

Arthur did not seem to like any of the blades either. However, I had something up my sleeve. I got an ability I got when I opened the fifth door in my previous life when I opened the fourth door in this life. The x-ray eyes. I added mana to my eyes, to further the extent of the ability. I felt like I could see the entire room. However, I was quickly disappointed. There was nothing eye-catching here. Just when I was about to give up, I spotted something. A stick which was radiating energy which was... different from mana. Curious, I went over there and picked it up. I tried to unsheathe it but failed. Surprised, I opened the fourth door but still couldn't unsheathe it. 

I decided to use my eyes once more to see the reason why I couldn't unsheathe it. I noticed the energy similar to that of Arthur's beast will, perhaps the creator of this sword was a dragon tamer in the past as well? I decided it would be best for Arthur to have this sword. I called him over, "Arthur, I got an interesting sword for you."

Arthur came over to me, confused why I was in the miscellaneous section. I threw him the sword and whispered to him, "Use your beast will." Arthur's eyes opened wide but he nodded in understanding. 

Arthur POV:

I was surprised by the weight of the rod that looked much thinner now than it was in my hand. While it seemed to be made of some kind of polished wood, it weighed a lot more than just a simple walking stick. Holding it up, I took a closer look, inspecting the rod more carefully. The stick had a matte coat to it, not reflecting any light at all, while the whole rod was smooth to the touch. While unnoticeable at first, I could see intricate indentations that formed a design throughout the pole, but other than that, I couldn't' find anything special about it.