The Disciplinary Committee

(A/N: Changing some details of the school arc.)

Jude POV:

I was really surprised when I saw Tess lash out at Arthur like that. Tess has been like my sister since we met. I knew her from Arthur's stories he told me in the night and was able to create a strong bond with her while we were both training as I was under Director's tutelage trying to master sound magic. She is extremely talented in her own right, already an orange core mage at the age of 13. 

I decided to go to the newly formed Disciplinary Committee which would act as the police of the academy. I was the student council President after all, so I needed to act like it. I entered the room where the DC would exist. I saw that the members: Arthur, Claire, Feyrith, Kai, Kathyln, Curtis, Theodore and Doradrea. They were the strongest eight students aside from the student council.

It seems like they had already introduced each other. I smiled at Kathyln who blushed as she looked at me. I clapped my hands and raised my voice, "Now, I'll let your team leader explain your job, however, I'll be overseeing this operation to make sure nothing goes wrong. The Vice President Tessia will handle my duties for now."

Arthur POV:

"Before the club rush commences, the student council would like to formally introduce to you, the students of this academy, a group that was personally picked by the director in hopes to resolve and prevent disputes amongst students as well as enforce penalising measures for troublemakers. While the student council's main job is to help the director make sure this academy and the events held run smoothly, this group's job allows them to use magic appropriately to uphold the peace and safety of students, whether against other students or trespassers. Please join me in welcoming the disciplinary committee!" Tessia's voice rang at her last words.

The auditorium filled with applause as the red curtains we stood behind was raised. We stood there, shoulders square and hands glued to our sides. I had to admit that with people like Curtis with Grawder behind him, Theodore, Claire and even Feyrith, we were an impressive sight in our colour-coordinated uniforms.

I took a peek at Tessia and I realized she was staring at me but as soon as our eyes met, she quickly turned her head away. As we stood in front of the students of Xyrus on the stage, side by side, we pulled out our knives and held them out in front of us so the insignia showed. Unsheathing our knives, we proceeded to do a small, choreographed routine before saluting the crowd.

Claire spoke out on behalf of the disciplinary committee with a short speech before we all headed out towards the back of the stage, leaving the crowd with mixed emotions. For some students, the disciplinary committee meant to serve as a shackle that prohibited their spoiled behaviour. For others, the disciplinary committee served as an aegis, protecting them from the threat of harm.

Either way, it would be an interesting school year.

Jude POV:

I sat through my many boring lectures. Though I was allowed to take advanced mana courses, even they felt boring seeing that I was already at the silver core stage and had a very advanced understanding of mana. 

When I arrived at my next class, I noticed that the layout of this room was very different. It was shaped like a miniature arena, with a battling platform in the middle, encased in a barrier field, and rows of seats circling around it.

More and more students started filling the room after a few minutes. While most were first years, there were some second years that decided to take this class later.

"Umm, hello?" I turned my head to find Kathyln in her disciplinary committee uniform standing beside me.

"It's been a long time," I said with a small smile. She seemed to be blushing furiously already. She came and sat down next to me. I took the opportunity to whisper into her ear, "Looks like our time to date is not far away." I smiled in joy as I saw her getting redder.