Decision

Arthur POV:

(A/N: Jude's soul powers would be way too strong without any limitations, so aside from the fact that he get's exhausted he also can only use them when the opponent is incapable to wielding mana at that point. Agrona was not able to use any mana arts when he possessed Kathyln, same with Cylrit whose core was shattered. Physical contact is also required for the use of soul powers.)

Sylvie didn't have it as easy after transforming into her human form. While she looked younger than my sister in her new form, she had the coordination of a toddler.

Her frustration was visible as she frequently tripped over her own foot or lost balance for no apparent reason while standing still. Perhaps even more amusing than her stumbling was her attempts at using her newly-acquired thumbs. More than once did a maid have to clean broken plates and shelf decors in the room.

I let out a chuckle, still clearly able to picture the faces of everyone when they saw Sylvie in her human form for the first time. Everyone had taken it a different way.

Kathyln's eyes had widened as she bolted away from my door while repeatedly apologising for the intrusion, leaving Jude with an amused grin as I tried to explain to him even though he obviously had sensed what had happened.

My sister had pointed at me with a trembled finger, asking when Tessia and I had a child together. While I didn't blame her since Sylvie did have this sheen wheat coloured quality to her hair that might have been a result of a shade of brown mixing with gunmetal silver, but I responded as any older brother would. I smacked the back of Ellie's head and asked her how Sylvie could've been my child if she looked only a few years younger than her. At the mention of Sylvie's name, my sister turned ecstatic and the two have been spending more time with each other ever since.

Virion's reaction had been relatively muted; he seemed to have sensed it was Sylvie the moment he walked into the room. That didn't mean he was going to pass up the opportunity for a witty remark though. Rubbing his chin in thought while muttering that he now knew my preference counted as such.

Surprisingly, though, Emily's reaction had disturbed me the most. The way she turned beet red and covered her mouth was reasonable enough, but she just stood there in the doorway, her curved lips peeking out from behind her hands.

It was a duly noted reminder to me to introduce a boy to the poor lonely artificer.

Jude POV:

I rose to my feet, patting the dirt off of my clothes. I prepared my mind, reaching out for the emptiness that would help me interrogate the enemy without remorse or sympathy, all the while trying to bury the memory of my past when the situation was reversed. "Strip the prisoner and remove everyone else from the room."

The elf pointed ahead. "This way, Commander."

I took a calm breath, dissociating myself from the events about to unfold as I walked through the sound protecting barrier without disrupting the spell. I wouldn't think of myself as Jude right now. I was an interrogator from this moment. Like I had been when I was living as a human on Earth.

I stepped inside to see retainer Cylrit staring at me with bloodshot eyes filled with rage when he must have realized I destroyed his mana core. I knew that ordinary torture won't work on him so I needed to use my soul power again.

I sat down next to where he was tied. He opened his mouth to say, "I don't know what you are planning but it won't work!" My emerald eyes shone with a golden light as I looked into his eyes. He took a gasp as I put him under a soul illusion.

After a few minutes, Cylrit was begging me to stop.

I looked at him, "What is the awakening process for Alacaryans?"