Extra Story - Widow's Crypt IV

(A/N: This is a non-cannon chapter.)

Jude POV:

After I reached the ground, I was surprised to find lance Alea and her elite troops fighting against a powerful enemy. The enemy was a man clad in black with two matte grey horns curled upwards. His strength was far above the lance and the elite mages. I just came here because I sensed something when I rescued Arthur, didn't think that it would have been such a big deal.

I instantly knew what to do and drew my sword, charging up ice and wind mana. I released my attack and cut through the enemy's black spikes, saving a few of the mages. They were shocked by my display of power but quickly regained their composure. 

"Alea, retreat. I'll fight him alone," I said with a low voice. Alea was heavily injured from fighting him and quickly retreated. She knew how strong I was from my power demonstration.

"And who is this cheeky brat?" The enemy spoke as he looked down at me both literally and figuratively. 

"I am your reaper, Jude's the name," I replied with a smile. 

"Eh, an arrogant brat huh. Well, I am Uto and the one who's going to kill you," Uto flashed me a smile before descending down in front of me.

He was much taller than me and I had to strain my neck to make eye contact with him. He suddenly released an immense pressure that was second only to Master Galahad. I grinned and released my own pressure to counter his.

Third POV:

The immense pressures emanated from Jude and Uto quickly filled the cavern, with neither of them bowing down to each other. Alea gulped as she increased the distance between her and them. The remaining elite mages that were doubtful of Jude also retreated after tasting his strength. 

The distance between Uto and Jude shortened even more until they were just a couple of feet away from each other. The mana pressure reached a peak and flared out from both of them, causing the cavern to shake. 

Suddenly, Uto punched out with a fist covered in black spikes. Jude met his punch with his lightning clad fist. A mana explosion was caused by the clash while Jude was slightly pushed back. A barrage of punches met each other with Jude being pushed back continuously. 

"You're better than I thought. Let's get serious then," Uto smirked before flicking his hand and conjuring black spikes out of thin air. 

Jude unsheathed his sword and did a 360 degree slash, destroying all of the spikes instantly. 

Jude's black sword was clad in all types of mana and he unleashed a torrent of attack upon the enemy. His sword blurred as he mixed in kicks and punches as well. Uto used black spikes to block the sword strikes that were either cut through or shattered. He deflected the kicks and punches as well as the rare sword slash that slipped through the black spikes. 

Purple tendrils of lightning and black spikes of ice started to emerge from Jude. He suddenly took a step back and bombarded Uto with several ranged attacks to block his vision. He then used [Twelve Thuderbolt Steps] to step behind him and attack him with his sword covered in a cyan hue and purple lightning. Uto was unable to keep up and suffered a deep slash on his back.

Undeterred, Uto spun around and punched extremely fast while also conjuring more black spikes to attack Jude. Jude took the punch to the gut. Uto grinned as he closed the distance to finish him but it was a trap. Jude suddenly used [Black Dragons Cross Strike].

Uto tried to summon spikes to block the attack but was too slow and took the strike. The sword tore through his belly and he spat out blood. Instantly, Uto punched Jude's face, causing him to lose grip over the sword and sent him flying. Uto then removed the sword from his belly and his wound started to heal. 

Jude used wind magic to get his sword back to his side. He charged straight at him using [Twelve Thunderbolt Steps] and charged up [Solar Flare]. Uto roared before removing his bandages. 

Little studs of metal were all over his body. Black spikes came out from all over the entire cavern and even his own body. Jude's [Solar Flare] managed to cut through many of them but was stopped by a giant black spike that Uto conjured.

A frown appeared on his face as he gathered wind and lightning mana around his sword, avoiding serious injuries from Uto's spikes by using his footwork. 

[Wind and Lightning Flurry Strikes]

The first nine strikes cut through all the spikes Uto had conjured from the cavern. The next three strikes cut all of the spikes he had conjured from his own body. Finally, the last strike pierced through his mana core and killed him. 

Jude sat on the ground, exhausted from the fight. His muscles were burning and he couldn't even grip with sword. Red blood dripped from shallow cuts that covered his limbs. His white mana core was almost completely empty as well.

Alea and her elite troop of mages emerged into the cavern. She had a shocked but relieved expression on her face as she gulped.

Alea POV:

I was given the mission of investigating an A rank dungeon that had shown some abnormal activity. It was easy for my elite troop to cut through the beasts in the dungeon until we reached the boss. The boss that was only AA-rank and should have been easy to deal with showed power reaching SS-rank. 

After we killed it, we started to investigate for clues. One of the mages found a secret room and we decided to explore it. The secret room had Uto in it. He looked at me and gave me two options, to either entertain him by killing my fellow mages and survive, or to die fighting him.

I snorted and charged straight at him, only to realise what a grave mistake was. That man didn't even move from his position as he slaughtered half of my troop. It was embarrassing and there was no chance that we would win. 

But suddenly, Jude appeared in the scene. I already knew that he was very strong because of the power demonstration that occurred before, but he was still no match for Uto. Only Galahad could beat him. 

So, I was shocked when their immense mana pressure collided and Jude didn't lose out to him at all. Last time I saw him, he was just a high silver core mage. He got so much stronger after breaking to the white core stage?

The fight went evenly before Jude managed to trick Uto and get the upper hand. I had to admit, he was a true genius. His sword strikes were just.... perfect. Perfectly timed strikes for both defence and offence. 

After the battle was over, I had nothing but awe for him. He was truly the future of this continent, especially if there are more opponents as strong as Uto.

(A/N: I am planning to add some extra short chapters, both non-cannon like this one and cannon.)