Beyond the Asuras

|Mordain's Perspective|

"I am here now, Mordain. Shall we get this party started?" Jude's voice boomed through the air, his confident smirk making me seethe with anger.

I attacked him with a beam of black aether, but he just casually patted my left shoulder, causing space to warp and break. I was left stunned for a moment, but quickly regained my composure and tried to punch him with my right hand.

He reacted by covering his own hand in some sort of armor and stopped my punch mid-air. The power of his destruction devoured my death aura, leaving me shocked.

'How did this boy become so strong in just a few days? Is he some kind of monster?' I wondered, fear creeping into my heart.

I couldn't understand how he could be so powerful. His emerald eyes sent chills down my spine as I tried to create distance between us.

'Why does he terrify me more than Kezess Indrath ever did? Could he be the one? The one who can free our world?'

I shook my head, trying to rid myself of these ridiculous thoughts. But then he appeared by my side again, punching me in the gut. I gagged before flying away, using death aether to create shields around myself.

I watched in amazement as he moved faster than anything I had ever seen before. His movements were not just quick, but beyond teleportation or wormholes. It was like he instantly destroyed the space between two targets.

"That is not speed," I pondered, "It's like he's moving in zero seconds. No instant of time moves forward before he covers the distance."

"How did you like Nine Celestial Steps?" he mocked, his voice ringing through the air, "Don't worry, we still have a lot more time to play around."

|Jude's Perspective|

As much as I desired to exact revenge on Mordain for his past actions, I knew that it was not the quest's purpose. However, a few hits before reversing time would not affect the ultimate outcome, right?

I focused my attention on the spatium Godrune, igniting it with my demigod physique and footwork. My previous life as a god allowed me to recreate the Nine Celestial Steps, a powerful technique that I would now use to my advantage.

As expected, hundreds of tendrils of black death aether and mana came at me from all directions. But I was prepared for this old trick.

Using my manifestation I named Jude's Infinity, I bent space to my will, increasing the distance between the attacks and myself to infinity. The attacks slowed down and eventually became too slow to touch me.

Mordain's eyes widened in disbelief, but he charged towards me nonetheless. With the Nine Celestial Steps, I dodged his attack and struck him on his back, causing him to fall to the ground.

Taking a deep breath, I gathered all the ambient mana around me. It was a significant amount, and I needed to be cautious not to accidentally deplete my allies' magical capabilities.

I then utilized all the elements of mana discovered by Dicathen - fire, water, earth, wind, sound, gravity, lightning, ice, plant, metal, and magma. Additionally, I applied the mana arts of all the asuras, including the creation-type arts of the phoenix, titan, hamadryad, leviathan, and sylph races, the force-type mana arts of the pantheon race, and the decay-type mana arts of the basilisk race.

With all these elements and mana arts at my disposal, there was no limit to what I could do.

'Just how did the Djinn King lose?' I wondered, 'Even if he didn't have dedicated mana arts for fighting, Kezess shouldn't have been able to beat him seeing how he managed to reach the Half-Fusion Stage like I did. Hell, Kezess should have been killed without much difficulty.'

I pushed the question to the back of my mind and rained down my spells on Mordain. He desperately created shields of death magic in the time it took for my spells to reach him but I wouldn't allow that.

Spilling some destruction, and speeding it up with aevum, I tore apart his main shield as my mana spells rained down on him.

Deciding to descend, I found myself before a completely defeated Mordain.

'I can't let them die now,' I thought to myself before reversing time using aevum.

'I could reverse just 5 years, but there is a chance he would revert to his current self. 1000 years seems better.'

Reversing time by 1000 years, especially on a full body would have been far out of reach for the old me. But it wasn't anything major or too difficult for my current self.

Silver dials of time once again appeared in the air as time reversed by a thousand years, reverting Mordain to his old self.

His black feathers turned back into a vibrant orange and black. Death aether escaped his body and he felt fuller with life.

While he was waking up, I used sound magic to announced my victory, "I have defeated God Ra, Church of the Black Sun. Surrender now."

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Weapons left the hands of the warriors of the Church as they surrendered and kneeled. The priests and other high-ranking members weren't able to feel the holy power, because, well, Mordain technically didn't discover holy power yet.

(A/N: Had to cut this chapter much shorter than I intended. I am going out for a few days but there will be another chapter I drafted that will come out on Monday. See you guys then!)