Truth

|Jude Leywin|

I used sound magic to announce my victory, "I have defeated God Ra, Church of the Black Sun. Surrender now."

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Weapons left the hands of the warriors of the Church as they surrendered and kneeled. The priests and other high-ranking members weren't able to feel the holy power, because, well, Mordain technically didn't discover holy power yet.

The soldiers of the Empire rapidly arrested the enemy forces who surrendered. I let the Empire handle the punishments while focusing on the stirring Mordain.

His eyes opened, revealing sharp vermillion eyes that clearly showed me why he was considered to be one of the most powerful asuras.

'Even though he is weaker than before I regressed time, it isn't by that much. He is clearly above Windsom and Aldir.' I judged as he got up.

His eyes scanned my body before he opened his mouth to speak, "Who are you and where am I? Last I remember was Kezess throwing my body to Dicathen. You aren't an asura and your aura.... it's comparable to Balor."

'So Balor is the Djinn King's name,' I realised before filling Mordain with all the information.

His eyes slowly widened in shock as I kept on telling him more, when he suddenly made a slip of tongue, "I became different a few years? Is that damn bitch still-"

Out of nowhere, a power struck Mordain, causing him to kneel in pain. My eyes widened in shock as I wrapped his body with my aether and mana.

However, I couldn't sense anything.

Even though he was shaking in pain, I couldn't make out anything wrong with his body.

"Sorry, I made a slip of tongue." Mordain said as he coughed some more, "I apologise, but I can't provide you any information about that happening again."

"You don't have to," I said, "Just confirm some of my suspicions."

"Is the person the Guardian God of our world?" I asked as he had an expression of surprise written all over him.

He kept silent but slightly shook his head.

'That confirms two things. Firstly, this effect works like the Vritra curse, where they can't say important information but slight movements work. Second, our world has been invaded by a being at the level of a God.'

"Then, I presume that this person killed the true Guardian God, and took you asuras under her control?"

Again, silence persisted but he slightly nodded his head to signal to me.

'From what I can gather, the Guardian God of this world didn't want the asuras to mix with the other races. Perhaps the asuras didn't have the power they do now and the God kept them separate. But this invader killed this God and took over the world. Only one problem, it's very hard to invade. The Gods are varying in strength, but they have the same plane of existence. A Guardian God get's much stronger in their own world compared to a foreign one. Thus, the invader must have used some tricks, such as the betrayal of the asuras to win the war.'

"Djinn, I thank you for helping me. But you won't get far from this. Instead, I will give up my life in order for you to learn everything. I only have two requests. Please, don't eradicate the asuras. And please, save our world from her rule. She will destroy everything."

Tears fell down the phoenix's face as he spilled information about the invader. I could tell that pain was raking through his body, killing him as he ignored it and continued to tell me everything he knew.

"Thank you, Mordain. I will fulfil your two requests." I said to Mordain as his body slowly disintegrated.

Mana abandoned him as if his core was destroyed, the curse breaking his body at its very core. He gave me a bright smile before he finally left the world in a flash of light.

"So, it was you. Asmodeus." I said before clenching my fists.

|Asmodeus|

"So you finally realised," I said to no one as I looked down on the other through the connection that Mordain unknowingly provided me.

"I conquered this world quite long ago, but left it alone for Hell. But I thought it would be a fun opportunity to meet you again after killing you in Pleiades! Or I wish that was the case. But that fading goddess revived you."

I sighed, flipping my midnight black hair with my left hand while resting my cheek on my right.

"It doesn't matter. I wanted to see your swordsmanship again anyway. I hope you give me a challenge, Jude!"

(A/N: I have a lot of tests coming next week, but this fanfic's schedule won't be affected. I just can't find as much time, so this chapter was shortened. I hoped you guys still enjoyed it and I will be finishing this arc next week!)