Ignorance is bliss

Arthur POV:

Eventually, everyone had run out of things to chatter about idly, leaving the cave silent once again. I could tell my parents were now expecting my reply to their previous question.

Turning my gaze over to Windsom, he stared back at me, expecting the same thing. Scratching my head in a motion, that I felt had become a habit during awkward circumstances since coming to this world, I spoke up.

"Elder Rinia. Is it alright for me to speak to my parents and Jude in private?"

"Of course," the diviner gave me a warm smile.

"What about me?" My sister chirped, still cradling my bond in her arms.

"Sorry, Ellie." I shook my head as I headed inside the tent first. My parents and Jude came in after me, looking a bit confused.

"Isn't your master going to join in?" my father asked, looking back outside before closing the flap.

"There is something the two of you need to know of first." The timbre of my voice and expression on my face silenced them from asking any more questions as they sat down in front of me.

"Before we begin, there's something I've thought long and hard about telling you ever since coming to this world."

There was a lingering silence following my words as my parents tried to process what I had just said.

"Coming to this world? What do you mean, Honey? You were born here... I-I don't understand," my mother replied as she reached out to me. She held my hands tightly, as if she was afraid I would wisp away if she didn't.

My father, on the other hand, stared at me silently, waiting for me to continue. Taking a deep breath, I squeezed my mother's hand and spoke with a comforting smile.

"Of course, I was born here, Mom; I'm yours and Dad's very own flesh and blood. Trust me, I remember better than anyone else when I was born," I chuckled, arousing another confused look from my parents.

"I was transported, reborn... I'm not quite sure exactly what, but something happened and I was taken from my world and brought into this one."

"Wai-wait a minute, Son... you're going to have to back up—"

"Art, what are you talking about? Another world? A-are you okay? Did your master tell you this? Where is this coming from?" my mother cut in as she scooted closer, examining my head... probably for signs of a concussion.

"No, Mom. My master doesn't know this; no one but you guys know any of this. I don't know the correct term for this 'phenomenon' either. I've thought about this for a while but my best guess is that it's something akin to a reincarnation," I explained.

"Arthur, did something happen to you after they took you away? Did they hurt you in some way? Come here, let me try and heal—"

"Honey, the boy is fine. Arthur, go on," my father encouraged, but my mother persisted.

"No, Rey, our son is not fine. He's spouting nonsense about another world and reincarnation. Art, let me—"

"Alice! Let the boy speak." My father snapped in a voice I've never heard before, stunning both my mother and me.

So I explained...

I described the world that I came from, the role that I played there, and the relations.h.i.+ps that I had with an excruciating amount of details to make sure that they knew I couldn't have made this up.

Throughout it all, my parents stayed silent for the most part. My father would ask questions here and there, but his face remained expressionless. My mother, however, was obviously shaken up; her face pale, the trembling of her hands increased as my story progressed.