•5•

BLUE OWL COMPANY

•••

She sighs for the third time, knowing that her best friend will nag her for letting her off the hook and changing their weekend plans. "I know...we have plans for the weekend, but I told you I could not go with you I do not do that kind of stuff," she says. But she didn't expect she would be this wild...

Actually, though, she simply does not want to go. She does not enjoy being outside, and because it requires so much energy, she says no to going to clubs.

She yells, "Well, excuse me if you made friends with a boring person! I detest you!" before hanging up and throwing the phone into the desk next to her. She is angry; how could she say such a thing?

She muttered to herself, "I am not boring; I just do not do the usual stuff." A knock came to her door. "Come in". The lady, who is half hamster, gives a small bow and smiles. "What is it, Ms. Cho?" she asks.

"Mr. Joon says he needs to talk to you about something, so please come into his office."

"Okay, you may go now, I will just clean my desk, and I will go to his office."

Ms. Cho gives a nod before shutting the door. After starting to tidy her desk and placing the crumpled papers in the trash, Minji made the decision to go to his office.

When she opens the door, she finds him standing facing her with his large, dark blue wings outstretched, gazing intently through his window glass at the landscape. An owl hybrid is his brother. Despite the fact that their mothers are not the same, he is fortunate to have met his mother, as she is unaware of hers. All she knows is that she is a panther, but she is unsure of why she differs from both her and her father. Like their father, his brother's mother is an owl. Each of them is a hybrid shifter. Furthermore, despite their differences, she and her brother have a good relationship. Being a very intelligent hybrid who inherited their father's traits, her brother makes her proud, and she is not afraid to brag about him.

She said softly, "You called for me, brother?" He pivoted, revealing his entire face, and motioned for her to take a seat on one of the swivel chairs. He removes his spectacles and crosses his arm over his chest.

"Yes, because I have something for you, I think it's time for me to allow you to do it. You're all grown up."

She glances at him and the papers he is holding, nodding in agreement despite her confusion. "No way! Your letting me apply to Min Damon Enterprises!" she exclaimed as she turned the pages of the folder after he handed her the papers. She was confused and began crying as she looked at him. She believed he was opposed to it.

"I thought you said that I am incapable and that my drawings and ideas for weapons are worthless. Why have you changed your mind? Is it because your father is no longer here?"

He cleared his throat in response to her direct questions, saying, "Well, that one too, but I realized I was being unreasonable and narrow-minded about it. Honestly, you are a brilliant woman, you deserve it, expand your ideas, bring it to life! So yeah, I decided it would be best if I would let you work on one of the most prestigious enterprises that specializes in making it, and I also know you are a big fan of them." Before he could finish, you suddenly ran to his side and gave him a firm hug. "I really appreciate it, brother. Thank you."

He giggled and turned to face her, wiping the tears from her face. Ever since then, he has been aware of her dream and has also witnessed the extent to which their father opposes it, preferring that she seek a career in science or medicine and assist him in running the business. He is proud of his sister. She is quite talented at designing and making weapons.

She straightened herself and returned to her seat. "You think Dad will be mad if he is here, knowing you allow me to do this, you know he will feel betrayed...?" she asked.

"You are safe unless he comes back to life again. Sure,  you are dead meat, of course he will. You know I love dad. I also know what he can do to you but he is gone."

"Nice joke, I will give you a 3/10, Joon." He lets out a gasp and widens his amused eyes. He threatened, "You know I take it back, give me the papers now, Minji, I will tear it." "Oh, but I would rather just give you 100/10 instead of giving it to you, okay?" They both laugh at their own silliness. Once they have both calmed down, Minji asks her brother a question that may seem personal to him. She is aware that her brother enjoys flying and exploring, and that he is capable of doing so, but she also knows that the unexpected death of their father has had a profound impact on him, to the point where he has stopped using it because it brings back memories of their childhood flying adventures. Although Minji is not a hybrid like them, she wishes she had wings like her brother, but she does not.

She would occasionally wonder if she was an orphan and not a member of the family, but her grandma would always assure her that she looked like her mother and that she was not an orphan. She might be unique from the other members of the family, but that does not make her any less of a member of the family.

She also attempted to inquire as to why she was the only one among them who was different. She consistently receives the same unknowing response, though.

She grew anxious, fearing that he would take offense at something she said. "Why do not you go outside and stretch your wings, ey? It has been a long time since you have flown around, you know? Do not you...miss the wind breeze hitting your skin?" she asked, turning away from him.

Her brother smiled, and she laughed. "Soon, I have too much paperwork to be flying around, you know." "If you say so, but once you do invite me, please? I may not have wings like you do, but you can take me with it, right? Like the usual?" she asked.

Joon gives her a nod of appreciation before she leaves his office; he is pleased with his choice to see his younger sister content. He resumes working on his paperwork once she is out of sight.

•••

Minji is bursting with happiness, and she finds it unbelievable that he let her follow her dream. She had expected him to be tenacious and advise her to work in the medical industry or assist in running the business, as his father did.

Even though she only had three days before the interview, she still made her outfits ready, not caring that it was too early. She can't be smug about his brother's support; she needs to look presentable. Oh! In any case, she desired to discuss it with him. Her goal is to get the job through hard work alone, without assistance. Who knows what may occur? But she has faith in herself and knows in her heart that she can succeed. She gathered all of her most recent weapon designs and assembled them into a single portfolio.

By the time she finished getting ready, making all the necessary repairs, gathering all of her designs, and putting the 3D drafts onto a USB, it was getting late. She collapsed onto her bed, sighing, feeling happier and more eager than ever for the events of the next few days.

"I am excited about it," she uttered as she closed her eyes, allowing the night to engulf her and fatigue to engulf her.

•••

Note: Eyyyy helloo, so yeahhh the main female lead will be name Minji yowww ahhahha and yess you read it rightt her brother is him. Joon is a owl hybrid shifter who owns a company named after him.

See you in the next chapterrrr bchs,!!! I hope you leave a comment!!

-drkglss 🖤