•25•

CAMPER HOUSE

•••

"We have lost them," Eun exclaimed as he saw the car that was pursuing them go in the incorrect direction.

They all thought they were safe, but they were mistaken when the unexpected event of the intruders breaking into their place shocked them all. Jin asked, "Are you sure they are not following us now?" He wonders how they track them and their location. "They go the wrong way, Jin, I am sure of it."

Jin nod. Glancing through the mirror at the backseat, he asks each of them, "Everyone's okay, right?"

Kook leans forward in his seat and asks the adult, "How did they find us in your house?"

He muttered, "It is not my house, it is Yeon-su," as he turned to face the road.

"Oh, that explains why...you have such a big house back there at such a young age, Yeon-su," the younger one remarked.

"Parents money, ey," Yeon-su remarked, and the boy gave a nod of understanding. Parents. He does not possess it. What does it feel like to still have one?

Joon asks, "Where are we going now?," clearly disappointed that Ashley must be worried because she must have heard the gunshots. He was unable to say who was with him or where he was.

"My place." Jinnie said

"Hey, but the machine is there. Is it okay to show it to them? It is supposed to be confidential, right?" Yeon-su whispers to him as he leans toward him. The others eyed them for their actions. Yeon-su is being obvious, and Jin almost gave himself a facepalm.

"I know what I am doing, Yeon-su," he said in response to the boy nudging him with his elbows when he remained silent.

"I understand, however..."

He gave a sideways head tilt and made a clicking sound with his tongue. He says, "Hey, Joon might be able to help us with his brain and all. You see that Kryno crystal? It needs two brain heads. Mine and his." It is clear that the boy is still taking in what he said despite being completely lost in thought.

He asks, stunned, "What?"

In the backseat, Kook and Eun were trying not to laugh at his response. Joon is staring out the glass window, blissfully unaware of anything else.

"What I am trying to say is that having two brains is better than having one. That way, the work will be easier, and we will probably finish it earlier," he said.

"Ow... Now I get it..."

After that, there was silence on the drive to Jin's house. Tall trees covered the area, and if it were not winter, it would definitely scream "green" and "leafy" with flowers in full bloom.

"Hi Joon, how was your conversation with her?" Jin inquires as he parks their vehicle in a location that is difficult to locate or notice. "She must be worried because she probably heard the gunshots."

He knows. Everyone will surely be. After unpacking and gathering their belongings in the trunk, Jin escorted the three of them to his residence.

"I apologize if you are in this mess. Well, I cannot send you home right now. But I will once you are fine and it is safe to go. We do not want them to be involved," he said as he continued to walk. Joon laughed, attempting to lighten the situation. "Yeah, I will just hope she can make a great excuse and explanation to my sister—she is a handful."

"Trust her, and let us hope she does."

Eun tried to rub his palms together in an attempt to create heat. "Are we there yet? I am freezing."