•13•

HAWAII

•••

In a rush to get off, Hoseok shoved his way to the front of the jet and exclaimed, "Yippiee vacation time baby, I cannot wait to get my hands on some tequila and party all my might, how about you?" The young girl behind him simply rolled her eyes at his question and pushed her way to the front of the aircraft as well.

Mr. Min, who was irritated by the lengthy flight, remarked, "Remember that we are here for work and not for play. The party can wait." Hoseok scowled.

With the exception of Mr. Min, who did not even bother to glance at the flight crew, the four of us exited the aircraft and expressed our gratitude.

You are probably wondering where we are and why we are four. We are in Hawaii. The confidential meeting was relocated here for some reasons.

Mr. Min decided to bring not just me but also Hoseok and the young girl named Yoonji a cat hybrid. I am not sure why he changed his mind. To be honest, I thought the man was very moody and unpredictable. Initially, I thought the little girl was Mr. Min's sister, but Haiden clarified to me that she is actually the late secretary's daughter, and Mr. Min chose to adopt her since she had nowhere else to go. It is really sweet of him, and I think it is adorable. Underneath his exterior of coldness is a kind heart. However, since they genuinely resemble one another, I cannot blame me if I assumed they were siblings.

We get closer to the immaculate black Cadillac Escalade that was standing by. Even though we still had about an hour to go until we arrived at our destination, we were all in need of some food to help us relax after the lengthy flight. After our luggage was placed in the trunk, I sat down quickly in the driver's seat. After Hoseok and Yoonji took their places at the back seat and Mr. Min sat down next to me, we quickly drove off to find some delicious food to satisfy our hunger.

We traveled for thirty minutes before arriving at the opulent restaurant that Mr. Min had, I later learned, reserved for us. Yoonji was the first to speak, asking, "Why are we in this country again, Dad? Should I call you Uncle? Tell me, Mr. Min, because I do not think you fully explained why we are here, or maybe to me though." She purposely used the terms "Dad" and "Uncle" to get at him. I heard Hoseok stifling his laugh.

Sitting next to me, Mr. Min sighed, saying, "I told you Yoonji to stop calling me that. Mr. Min is fine or you can call me by my name. I do not care."

I noticed Yoonji making the shape of a "o" with her mouth. "Oh, that makes sense. Hoseok gave me the idea to address you by that since he stated that you are my guardian and—

"Yoonji, hold up. When did I tell you that?"

I heard the two bicker at the back. And I see a glimpse of Mr. Min rubbing the side of his temple. Perhaps for them, this is the norm. They appear to be a lively family.

"His secretary informed me a few days ago that the CEO of Coastro Company was not well. Aside from that, did you get any email from the other partnership that seems strange and unfamiliar?" he asked. I tried to recall the emails I received, but nothing about them seemed strange or suspicious. I will try to go through each of them later at the hotel.

"From the emails I received, it does not seem like anything strange,"

"Please let me know when there is." I nod at him. I gave it a moment's thought before continuing. Can you blame me? He said something that piqued my curiosity, and I am a really curious person.

We took a seat at one of the tables that had been reserved just for us, in what I believe to be a VIP area away from the main room. I glanced up from fiddling with my fingers to make sure everyone was comfortable. We wait for a while before one of the waiters comes to inquire about our orders.