•7•

MIN ENTERPRISES BUILDING

•••

Time passed like a blur. It's already the day. She sighed deeply as she peered at herself in the mirror, anxious for the big interview she would be attending. Her dream interview.

"Minji, are you ready?"

"In a minute, Joon," she said, pulling a few hair strings to the side and putting her hair up in a bun. When she was happy with the way she looked, she grabbed her purse and left her room. Her brother was talking on the phone when she entered the living room. She waits for him to finish before speaking, tapping the desk, and amusing herself for a few minutes.

The call ended. She straightened her back and got to her feet. "How do I look? I am ready."

His brother gives her a brief "tsk" and motions for her to spin around a little. She hesitated at first, but her brother was more insistent, so she gave him a little twirl and rolled her eyes. "Satisfied?"

"It fits you, Minji, you look great."

"All right, let us head out, or I will be late!"

"Uh- about that Minji-" She halts in her tracks and raises an eyebrow at him.

"I apologize for not being able to drive you there, but I have an urgent meeting. Dowon called to let me know that one of our company partnerships that is responsible for the recent research abruptly rescheduled the meeting for today."

Her smile vanished, but then she abruptly softened it and smiled reassuringly. "No worries, I will just drive myself there. I hope you have luck, bro!"

He offered her the key to his garage and said, "Are you sure? You can take one of my cars in the garage instead of using yours. Shaking her head, she laughed."

"No worries, Joon. I will just drive my motorcycle there and be fine."

"Can you drive with that outfit of yours?"

"It is okay, do not worry. I will wear pants underneath and take it off later. You know I am not used to cars," she said, and Joon nodded.

"I got to go or I will be late for the interview! Bye! See you at dinner!"

Minji sets out on a fast drive with clear roads, arriving at the Min Damon Enterprise Building without incident. She parked her lovely Ducati Black scrambler in the parking lot area for motors. The thirty-story office building, adorned with curved glass and steel, is an architect's utilitarian fantasy. Although she has seen a few pictures of the building online and in articles, she is still in awe of its sheer size. The word Min Enterprises is subtly written in silver steel above the glass front doors.

She enters the massive, intimidating lobby made of glass, steel, and white gray sandstone. A young, attractive fox woman with a brunette appearance smiles pleasantly at her from behind a sturdy desk made of sandstone.

"My name is Kim Minji, and I am here to see Mr. Min for the New Secretary Position Interview."

"Pardon me, Miss Kim. Please give me a moment. She nodded and waited for her to answer the phone, which Minji assumed was connected to Mr. Min's office. After she did, she gave her a security pass with the interviewee pass stamped on the front.

A smirk formed on her lips. She is certain that the fox woman initially disregarded her and thought she was just some strange girl attempting to enter. But hey, she is wrong, sucker.

"Miss Kim, please sign in here. You will want the last elevator on the right; press for the thirty-first floor." Minji grinned back at her as she signed.

After giving a silent thank you, she moved to the bank of elevators and went past the two blond security guards in black suits. At first, she assumed they were humans, but when she noticed a tail behind their back, she realized they were actually dog hybrids.

Reaching the thirty-third floor, the elevator whirs at terminal speed. She gasped as the doors opened to reveal a massive, almost overwhelming lobby made entirely of glass and steel and painted in striking, contemporary colors. The place looks so cool. Minji was stopped in her tracks when a young woman, this time a human, told her that she would have to wait while Mr. Min and his assistant spoke with a client. She motions for her to sit down in the section where the shiny black leather chairs are located.

Beneath the leather chairs is a large meeting room with glass walls, a floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the city skyline, and an equally large dark oak wood table that complements the mood of the surrounding chairs. Her jaw dropped at the sight of it for an instant. Perhaps she should make a list of things to remember and discuss it with his brother, perhaps even asking him to remodel the office to look like this. Although her brother's office is really stylish and cool, this one is far superior. Top tier.

She is nervous once more, she is confident in her abilities and knows a lot about weapons, but she does not know anything about Mr. Min. Nobody has ever seen him, the only person who has is his right-hand man, Jung Haiden, a squirrel hybrid who is always present at public events and acts more like his spokesperson when answering interviews.

Perhaps Mr. Min is in his fifties or thirtysomething, who knows?

After waiting for a few minutes, a second dapper man with white hair who resembled Jack Frost emerged from a sizable door to the right. "Miss Kim?" he asks, and she gasps unintentionally upon realizing who it is he is asking for—Jung Hoseok, better known to the public as Jung Haiden—and is taken aback by his attractiveness. She was staring at him for too long without realizing it.

When he called her name again, she spat out her throat sharply. "Yeah," she had unintentionally said. She almost gave herself a facepalm when she said, "Sorry, you know it is cold outside." It is not even winter; it is spring. Dumb Minji.

"It is okay, Mr. Min will see you shortly. May I take your jacket?" he asks, to which she gives a nod before giving it to him. "Have you been offered any refreshment?"

"Oh, no, but I am fine, so no need."

He gives a kind smile and says, "Mr. Min will see you now, Miss Kim. Do go through, oh! you do not need to knock-just go in he is expecting you."

She opened the door cautiously and staggered through what was obviously a great entrance. She cursed herself when she tripped over her own feet and fell into the office head-first.

That is great, she should have trusted her instincts—wearing heels is not a smart idea.

He cleared his throat and held out a long-fingered hand, which she gladly accepted. Dusting her skirt, she straightened herself up. "I'm sorry, and thank you." He nodded. "I'm Mr. Min. Are you all right?"

Oh no, is this really him? Holy motherfucker cow, he is not who she expected him to be, she thought to herself as she got a good look at his entire face and physique.

•••

Note: Hellooooo bchs!! Zupp!? So yeahh they meet in this chap hehe.

Let's hope that the interview will be great despite of Minji previous events. Gambareee Minji hahhaha

See you in next chap!! Vote and comment it encourages me a lot!!!

Until then thank you for supporting my story, and giving it a chance take care!

-drkglss 🖤