•20•

HIDE

•••

Joon POV

What is that smell? Is Minji home? I hear murmurs and voices around me. I looked up to see who it was. "You are awake," the man said, sitting next to me with his other arm wrapped in bandages. Wait. He looks familiar. Where did I see him?

"How are you feeling?" Another unfamiliar voice caught my ears. Shifting my attention, I notice that the other man is leaning against the desk counter and is dressed in a white coat. "I feel lightheaded," I said, and he nodded before leaving the room.

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"You do not remember? The man who, uh, walked away to get something just now is the one who saved your life." I made an effort to recall. Him? I checked my body for a wound or injured part. But there's none.

Hold on—the gunman! He is the one who entered covertly and was accompanied by another boy. "Where's the other boy, the one with pink hair?"

"The one who uses a baseball bat to—" he frowns his brow at me.

"You are searching for him," said the man who had just left and returned to the room holding a food tray. A second man entered wearing glasses and pink hair. It's him. The man who struck the bad guy said, "Hello, I am Yeon-su!" with a lively voice. He held out his hand to shake mine, which I accepted with pleasure.

The man next to me introduced himself as "Eun," and I happily shook hands with him. "Eun, where did you come from? I do not remember seeing you there."

"I came here with him, so I am not alone after all," he said, gesturing to the tiger-hybrid resting against the glass window.

"Hello, I am Kook." He attempted to pretend to smile enthusiastically. I just nod. Wait. These are the ones I saw on the second floor, one is a tiger hybrid. "You are the guys I saw on the second floor, I see now."

"We did not see you there, so how did you find out?"

"I caught sight of you as I tried to slip into my office."

"Wait. You work there?"

"It is my business."

"You're Mr. Kim!?" They all turned to face me, and their shocked expressions took me by surprise. "Yeah, I am," I replied.

Yeon-su walks up to me and puts his hands together with mine. I am confused. "I apologize, Mr. Kim. Yeon-su is a huge fan of yours."

"Call me Joon, please," I said.

"You share the surname Hyung!"

"Yes, that does sound cool."

"Yeon-su, geez, let go of his hand."

"Mr. Kim, I apologize. I really love your company and you and your brains! All of you!"

"Thank you, Yeon-su. Your compliment has made my brain happy, and I appreciate it."

"How long am I sleeping?" I ask

"You have spent almost a day and a half in bed."

Oh shit. Ashley... I told her I was going home, so she must be in shock and panic. "What's the matter?"

"I must go, someone is waiting for me at home."

"The snowstorm is hitting hard, the road will be slippery, and we are in another town, so even if you drive right now, you can not get there easily."

"Where?"

"Houldon Town"

Yeon-su remarked, "In addition, Mr. Kim, you just woke up. It is not good for you to be driving in this weather."