•4•

" DAMON "

•••

3,000 years later...

Present day

A man in a silver suit with black jet hair that reached his shoulders emerged from his black Lamborghini, followed by a number of stocky men—some of whom were hybrids—who lined up along the aisle on either side, forming a semi-circle and getting ready to welcome him.

One of his reliable men smiled at him, catching his attention and offering to take his suitcase in his hands. It is his right hand man, saying, "Mr. Min, we are glad to have your back."

"I am too, Mr. Jung. How is the deal with Kim's?" he asks, gesturing for the other man to carry on with their activity and enter his mansion.

Over the course of his life, he has seen significant shifts in every generation, and currently, he has observed that people are evolving faster than he ever imagined and that society now recognizes three distinct levels of individuality. If animals and humans were the only species on Earth back then, then new species known as hybrids have appeared. After many years of struggle, these species are now fully acknowledged as members of society and have even been granted the same rights as humans. In addition, he picked up new skills and knowledge to help him deal with the changes and adapt to them, which he appears to do with ease.

"The transaction with the Kim's is progressing smoothly; they accepted the agreement you forwarded, and this time they suggest a face-to-face meeting with you for next month." He said, escorting Mr. Min to his office, where he opened the door for him.

"I will definitely go, that sounds great. How were the gun deals along the coast?"

"It is going great too, Mr. Min. I will email it to them once you sign the paperwork to seal the final agreement."

Min gave another nod and sat down in his rotating chair. He takes off his silver suit, revealing his dark polo shirt. He also unbuttons his black and blue tie, revealing a small portion of his fair upper chest.

He flips on the folders and asks, "How are you, Mr. Jung?" Hoseok is shocked by the abrupt change in subject. However, he continues to respond. "Thank you for asking, sir. I have been doing well. I hope the same for you."

Although the previous secretary was a great secretary, his passing due to heart failure was a great sorrow. To be honest, Hoseok could handle the work alone, but that would be too much, and he does not want him to wind up like the previous secretary. Min nods and begins asking him business-related questions; the majority of them are about agreements and partnerships with other companies and enterprises, along with the search for the new secretary and idea creator positions. When they are finished, he motions for Haiden to exit the room, so he gives him one last bow and carefully shuts the door.

From Min's perspective, Hoseok, also known by the name he gave him, Haiden, looks and acts a lot like one of his best friends from the past, Hoshi, whom he really treasured. He hired him in part because he believed that perhaps he was being reincarnated, the only difference being that he was now a hybrid squirrel rather than a man.

Hoseok is also aware of his predicament with the etherals and his curse, but at first he did not believe him. However, when he witnessed one of the etherals—which he had initially dismissed as a myth—speaking to him, he began to understand.

He is among the select few who have earned his trust in recent times and who he feels at ease being around. He let out a deep sigh, brushing his hands on the chain necklace hanging around his neck. The pendant's internal black swirl, smoke, and wind have not altered over the years. His intuition tells him that the quote matters, even though he is still not sure what the quote actually means or how to respond to it.

In the modern era, he is a powerful owner of a well-known company called "Min Damon Enterprises," which is in charge of producing weapons. But, he does more than that; in addition to taking deals from the government, he also does business with the underworld and gang world, where the majority of hybrid people live. As long as they pay him fairly and do not involve him in any matters, he does not care what their primary reason for buying something is.

Even though he is not in power like he was as Emperor, he still finds it enjoyable. One, he is in charge of his own and has power over it. The second reason is that he is free to do as he pleases and that even the government, which functions as a modern ministry or ruler in this generation, is scared of him and his abilities. He finds it funny that no one can stop him.

To be honest, he does not give a damn about them as long as they do not interfere with his dealings, actions, or dealing system.

In contrast to then, he no longer kills people on a daily basis; instead, he frequently lets his men carry out the task, which he finds more convenient these days, but only when given the order. That being said, this does not preclude him from returning to his former habit.

Reaching for his phone, he made sure to remind Hoseok once more to cancel all of his scheduled meetings for today. "Yes, Mr. Min?"

"Cancel all of my appointments—I mean, all of them, including the private and confidential ones—and expedite the process of looking for a new job."

"Alright, Mr. Min, anything further?"

He just needs to go to sleep right now, he needs to rest. He was completely worn out from the lengthy drive.

"Nothing, please do not bother me, and see to it that Yoonji returns home; if you have nothing to do, please go with her; she needs it," he said, ending the call, hunching over in bed, and allowing his tiredness to overcome him.

•••

Note: Hello!!! It's been a while! Hahah I seee.... Some of you are reading my book and story but you aren't commenting and voting, uhhuhuu. Please let me know who you are comment and votee bchs 🖤

Also I want to note that in this book Yoongi's hair will be visual like this!! Ackk!!! Long hairr yoongii darnn hahahahaa I am feral rn 😭

See you in the next chap bchs haha yep ! You read the end correct Yoonji hahah will be in the story 👀 heheh

-drkglss 🖤