•23•

WHAT ARE WE?

•••

Minji POV

He asks me, "Are you ready?

"Yeah." To be really honest, I am not sure. The events of last night and this morning are still weighing on my mind, leaving me perplexed.

Flashback: earlier

"I have a question."

"Hmm? What is it?"

Silence...

"I want to sleep. What time is the meeting?"

"Let us relax for now, we have an evening meeting."

"O-okay"

I do not know why I can not just spew out what I want to say, but I did not get the chance. Is fear keeping me from myself? I have no idea what is holding me back. What am I afraid of?.

The meeting will take place at the Golden Hotel, which is where we are now. I think we have become a little awkward. I guess? Well, I am not sure if I am just overanalyzing. The door opened, revealing a number of unidentified people dressed elegantly in black. The theme code is black. To protect myself from the chilly wind, I am wearing a blazer paired with a simple black dress.

A man came over to us. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Min. My name is Mr. Chul, and I work as the Coastro Company's secretary and spokesperson."

"Good to meet you as well."

"This is the son of Mr. Kim."

He motions to the man standing behind him to come forward.

"Mr. Taehyung Kim" That name sounds familiar, hold on. I heard it somewhere.

"Mr. Min, good to meet you." I swear I saw Mr. Min freeze in place, and the same is true for me. This man... Could it be that the man I run into at the mall is the son of Coastro Company's proprietor?

I turn to look at the figure of Mr. Min. Do they know each other too?

"Wait... Is that you? M-Minji?" I retract my attention to Mr. Min and divert it to Taehyung. "I cannot believe you are the son of the owner of Coastro Company! You did not tell me!" I just want to bonk myself. My voice sounds more casual and obviously unprofessional.

Mr. Min asks me, "Do you know each other?" after observing my behavior. With a smile, Taehyung nods. He answered instead of me, saying, "I met Minji in the mall, we are friends." His mouth tensed into a flat line. "All right,"

Mr. Chul said, "Mr. Min, please take a seat," and motioned for us to take a seat in front of them. "Minji-

"Mr. Kim, she is going to stay by my side," he said in a firm tone.

I gave Tae a silent "sorry" gesture. I saw a glimpse of Mr. Min glare at me and him.

"Pardon me for Mr. Kim's action. He's new to this and still learning new things."

"If you intend to let him take over your company, you should pay attention to teaching him good manners," he said, fiddling with his tie.

Taehyung whispered, "Tsk."

"Mr. Min, let us get started. We will keep that in mind and do that."

•••

The meeting ended with a tense atmosphere between the two leaders of the company. Every time I glance at them, I swear I can feel them glaring at each other. Mr. Chul is glancing at them from the side, so I am sure I am not the only one who notices it. I have even seen him furrow his brow once or twice as a result.