•1•

WHO ARE YOU?

•••

The whole empire of Haezyria is terrified of him. Nobody dared to oppose or fight him in any way because they knew that if they did, death would be waiting for them. The ruler of the empire, Emperor Min, was a cruel and murderous man. He kills with impunity and inflicts pain on others in every way he can.

Because of this, in addition to his demonic actions, the ministers and populace of the empire dreaded him the most.

In case you are wondering how he came to be king, a lot of people have claimed that it is because he is a child of darkness, which is also the reason her mother passed away while giving birth to him.

However, Min finds it hilarious because the stories that are floating around the kingdom about him are completely untrue and do not reflect the reality of what he has experienced throughout his life.

Though his father concocted the tale that her mother died as a result of him, the truth is that she was forced to hide in one of his villas for a considerable amount of time after giving birth. In actuality, he had no interest in or desire for the throne. He used to sneak to the palace when he was a child, old enough to walk and think for himself. He would spend some time talking with his mother, console her, and take care of her during their brief visits. But he found her hanging on the ceiling, so it is likely that she chose suicide to escape his father's brutality and fury.

If anyone is associated with the dark side, it is his deceased father and his two brothers.

With his hands resting on his chin and his legs crossed, he sat on his throne. He always presents himself as the complete opposite of who he really is—divine and gorgeous. Gazing intently, he saw the two guards dragging a man with his head bowed and a ratty blindfold on into his chambers. If it were not for the smug expression on the man's face, one might assume that the man has already passed away because he is barefoot and his clothes are all distorted and tattered.

At the base of the steps leading to the Emperor's throne, the guards threw him to the ground, where they stood either side of the man and bowed dutifully to their ruler. He gestures for them to speak after giving them a slow nod.

The criminal sat up on his knees, the same smirk still on his lips, which annoyed Min. "This man spat cursed predictions about you and dared to disrespect your name in the village, he was found attempting to break into the headquarters to steal." Approaching the man with a stomp, he reached for his sword and placed its tip on the criminal's shoulder.

The man simply laughed and kept his mouth shut. "Why do you keep smirking? Are you unaware of your impending death? Do you not know who I am? How dare you commit horrible acts against me and sprawled nonsense cursed predictions about me, and you dare to break in the headquarters to steal?" he asked.

Without hesitation, one of the guards stepped forward, undid the knot, and showed the man's face. Min froze in place, his sword grip becoming more tightly held. The scene before him leaves him speechless.

The man on his knees remarkably resembled his younger brother Taevan, who passed away. The lips that match his eyes, nose, and jawline. The only difference is their hair. Taevan had long, blonde hair, but the man in front had short, black hair that was slightly tinted with oak. Everything else, however, is identical in terms of details.

He muttered under his breath, "What are you?" as the man continued to grin and venture to make eye contact. He stayed silent and crouched in front of the man, studying his face.

This made him doubt his previous belief in witchcraft, which he had never held before.

He gave the two guards an icy look and yelled, "Get out." They debated whether or not to leave the emperor alone with the criminal. When Min saw that they were still in the room, he chuckled and stood on his knees.

"I told you to leave now!" His voice roared from the walls, resonating like pond ripples. He was left alone with the man bound and on his knees as the guards bowed down to him.

He picked up his sword and stepped between the criminal's legs, whose face resembled that of his younger brother. "I am going to ask you again, what are you?!" he said.

•••

Note: Hello, thanks for taking time to read and give this book a chance. See you in the next chapter. I hope you like the first chapter so far.

-drkglss