•24•

WE'RE SAME

•••

A day before the meeting...

Taehyung POV

"Sir, you must finish reading the paper." I rolled my eyes and mimicked him. Why am I still putting up with this shit when I did not want to be here at all? As I placed the folder on the couch next to him, I declared, "I am done."

"Taehyung..." Here we go again with his tone shit..."Why? Why me!? I told you to wait for Michi!"

He handed me the papers once more and said, "I already told you he is too young for the company." I really hate him.

"Fix your temper for tomorrow's meeting"

As if, I will be glad to meet them. I looked at him and saw him snort as I said, "Go out. I cannot concentrate when I am with you. You are annoying, Mister Chul." He hesitated to go out for a while and leave me alone. However, after I gave him a death glare, he agreed.

"Okay, I will go. Just make sure you read it all, and I will check on you later."

"Go. now."

I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh. I reasoned that once I let them in, everything would be alright. From my end, I assumed they would comprehend me. Although I did not have high expectations, a part of me still holds out hope. I was supposed to be at Jimin's birthday party today, but I got distracted by all the company work that I did not want to do in the first place. To make matters worse, I now have to go to a meeting where I have to meet new people that I did not want to see in the first place.

As the sky darkens, I observe the area becoming more illuminated by the lights from the cars. The view is nice and absolutely stunning above here. Perks of having money and all. Perhaps I should investigate, try to venture outside, and look around? They won't notice me gone if I go in my form.

Inhaling deeply, I release tension in my body. I change into my real self, the side of me that only my parents, brother, and significant family members are aware of. I am a hybrid shifter. I, along with Michi, am one of the few people remaining who are hybrid shifters in this day and age. Wolves. That's what we are. It is a component of who I am.

I can see my black fur shimmering in the moonlight. I do not shift very often these days. So it feels undeniably great. I arrived at the beach shore. The place was almost quiet. It is a good thing that nobody is around.

The water is sparkling. It's pretty. I enjoyed the way the brisk wind felt on my skin. I let out a deep sigh, I am not sure what I did wrong in the past to lead a life like this. Am I good or bad? Is everything here meant to punish me because I am bad? And why is this happening to me if I am a good person? I just want to be able to live my own life without having anyone tell me what to or not to do.

Nothing about me has ever been left up to my own judgment in my entire life. I always get told what I should be by my father. Mother did everything in her power to persuade and stop him, but it was in vain. I don't resent her. She's an angel compared to him. Michi? I am not that close to him. He will be okay since father prefers him over me. I shut my eyes and relish the sensation of being independent and liberated, even if it is only momentarily.

Then, all of a sudden, I think of her. The words she said to me back at the mall really helped me build my courage. I only wish I had gotten her number so I could continue to be honest and talk to her. I don't know why I feel the urge to open up and be like that to her. I feel okay when I'm with her. Strange.

I could hear footsteps moving in my direction. I made an effort to blend in and catch a decent look at who it was. As soon as I could see it, I noticed a girl crying. She is a hybrid, just like me, but she is a cat hybrid, and I can assure you of that.