•10•

EXCUSE ME

•••

Minji POV

I am exhausted. It still amazes me that I agreed with her. "Minji, hold this for me."

I ask in an irritated tone, "Are you done?" I didn't bother to stand up from my crouch position. I can assure you that she is intentionally attempting to avenge me by abandoning her and leaving her on our prearranged dates. My hands are now full of shopping bags from the boutique stores we've been to. I can't feel them now.

How did I get to be in this state, you ask? My intention was to inform her of the good news, which is why I called. That I get the position. Yet how wonderful it is! I end up being her slave.

I bumped into her back as she stopped in mid-step. When I look up, I discover one more boutique establishment. Damn it. I grabbed her arms as she was ready to go into the store and turned to face her, saying, "Hey, I know why you are doing this. Do not be mad!"

She gestured with her hand under her chin while acting like a shithead. I swear. She likes me this way. "That is it. I know what will calm your ass, wait for me here."

After setting down all of the shopping bags, I walk away from her and towards the closest coffee and cake shop located within the shopping center. I need to get her favorite frappe and ice cream cake. She wants me to make amends this way instead of making me a slave to a paper bag.

After successfully carrying the ice cream cake, I begin to walk back to where I left her, but I stumble upon something hard and give myself a quick forehead rub. How could I possibly make my ice cream cake? No-no! I look up to see who might be this dumb person I bump into. Only to see nothing but a wall?

I glanced over and noticed this distinct man carrying on as if nothing had occurred. What a waste of food and money, I thought as I eyed my ice cream cake, which was now sprawled out on the floor. I sigh and turn to face the man—he must bear the cost of this.

I yelled, "Excuse me, hey!" but he remained motionless and did not shift in response.

"I said EXCUSE ME SIR!"

I was shouting so loudly that I was drawing attention from random people who were walking by, and I was unaware of it. My abrupt outburst finally got his attention, and he raised an eyebrow in response. I scoff. This man really has the guts to act like this when he is the one at fault too.

I approach him forward. I gestured to him, and the ice cream cake lay on the ground. "Apologize."

"Why?" he asks haughtily, crossing his arms.

I cross my arms and mock him, saying, "Look for yourself."

"Oh my, what a waste."

I scowled, finding him unbelievable. "You're the cause of it. Now apologize."

"I don't want to."

"Then pay for my ice cream cake!"

"I refuse to do so as well."

"I can't believe you, mister!"

"You realize you are at fault too, because you bump into me too?"

This man. Words cannot express how I feel.

"But did I cause a ruckus like you do?"

I bite the inside of my cheeks before speaking. "I know I occasionally run into you, but you-

"I have to leave. You are also at fault, and I will not comply with your requests."

"You are such a prick."