•14•

MEMORIES

•••

He emphasized every last word, saying, "She is fine. She will probably wake up and gain consciousness in an hour, she was just shocked by what you did. Well, you know, shock would be felt by any normal person."

He leans back in his chair and cracks open a bottle of red wine, saying, "Thanks Hoseok."

"No problem, but tell me what really happened?"

"I am attempting to fight and resist that urge, but I do not know either. I just feel like you know... do not look at me like that."

"No, it is okay. They made you that way, it is not your fault."

"What do you mean?"

"You are immortal because you are a vampire, Min. Vampires require blood. I find it surprising that you can survive for hundreds of years—if not thousands of years—without consuming nasty blood. All I am trying to say is that is tough man."

"What the fuck, Hoseok?"

"Honestly, you should know that what you did a while ago is what is real, what the fuck is."

"I find it unbelievable that instead of just casting an eternal curse upon me, they turned me into a monster!"

"Looking back, you ought to have considered your actions more carefully"

His tone was proud as he said, "I do not regret killing them." He gestures for him to pour the wine in his glass

"Your relatives or -

His glass grip became more tightly as he gritted his teeth in frustration. "They are traitors, so do not acknowledge them as a family."

"I am going now, Mr. Min; Yoonji is in the lobby waiting for me."

"You appear to be getting close to her, and you are spending too much time with her."

"The girl needs a friend like you said. She is a loner and she's fun to be with. "

"She could use a friend right now, so it is good to hear she has one."

Hoseok pointed at Minji and said, "How are you going to explain it to her? Once she regains consciousness, she is probably going to ask for an explanation."

"I am not sure what comes to mind first, I suppose," Hoseok nods despite his slight disagreement with his purported plan.

"Are you aware that Yoonji and her teammates qualified for the championship match in MLLB?" Haiden asks, tilting his head to the side.

"What's that?"

"I did go with her the last time, it was an online gaming tournament."

"The day you requested for a day off?"

"Yes, I chose to lift her spirits since it is her special day."

"Yoonji is an excellent player, and I am not shocked."

"Will you attend and come with me to the finals?"

"I doubt it."

"I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you are in, and good bye." He nods and closes the door.

Inquiring about Minji, who had lost consciousness as a result of his actions, he called Hoseok. He never imagined that Minji would be the one to locate him at that particular moment. He anticipates it being Hoseok.

Hoseok and he had just concluded their conversation regarding the meeting they were meant to attend. They requested to speak with the Coastro secretary and reschedule the meeting for a different day, this time due to their absence.