•27•

LIGHT WITHIN

•••

Min POV

I don't know what's gotten into me. To be honest, I have no idea what the past few days have been about for me either. But it's weird. Everything is weird since I met her. When I am with her and the day I claim and mark her again, I see my necklace ignite and spark a bright light. And the fact that it has never happened before is what currently has me completely perplexed.

After that, for a while, I tried to make sense of the quotes that one of the etherals had said to me and the events that had happened. Is she the light I need from the quote? But why? how come?

We are in her room right now. I don't know if this is the best place and time to explain it to her. I feel compelled to inform her right away, though I am not sure why. I took a deep breath. "Minji, I am cursed."

"C-cursed?"

I pulled apart from her a bit and handed her my pistol gun. I figure if I get her to shoot me, she will get it. Her voice sounds erratic as she asks me, "What is this?" That's a normal response.

"Shoot me, Minji," I ordered her.

Next, she let go of the pistol gun and shook her head to the sides.

"Are you insane!? Why are you telling me to-

"Minji, turn to face me. Look at me. Do it. Trust me." I said, grabbing her chin. "No, you are going to die, dumbass," she said. Fearing that she will hurt me, her voice is shaking. That's new.

I wrap her tiny hands around the gun and squeeze the trigger, emphasizing every word, "No. I will not."

I heard her scream, "No! Mr. Min!" Her response made me chuckle.

"Oh my god, no way- you-

She came over to me and saw that I was laughing, then she slapped my arm and gave me a light punch before giving me a tight hug. "I told you..." I caress her head.

"But h-how?"

"I am cursed to be like this."

Her eyes widened, "Y-your eyes," as I relaxed. I want her to see me for who I really am—my other side. "And so is this"

"You are-

I concluded her statement by saying, "An immortal, Hoseok said the other word you call individuals like me as a vampire."

"Are you scared of me?" I ask her. She shook her head. "No. I am not"

"Why?"

"I do not know, all I see is you, the person I spend my days with these days."

I grabbed her hands, wrapped mine around hers, turned her to face me, and said, "I can help you, Minji. Let me help you just like you help me."

"How did I help you?"

"Remember when I said you fainted in my room at the hotel? I am not sure if you remember that."

"That is right, the day Yoonji asks me out?"

She obviously does not recall the previous incident. "Yes."

"What's with it?"

"You found me crouching in pain, and I thought you were Hobi. When you approached me, something clicked and ignited in me. I didn't want to startle you like that." "You faint because of me. Because I bit you."

Her tone and expression have become more serious as she asks me, "Why are you cursed?"

"Would you really like to know?"