•8•

BREATHTAKING

•••

She is desperately hoping that the earth will eat her alive and swallow her at this point. Just a moment ago, her awkwardness had made her feel so embarrassed. She straightens her back and summons the last of her self-assurance.

It is clear from her quick glances around the office that he enjoys dark colors and that his workspace is far too large for one man. In front of the floor-to-ceiling windows, there's a huge modern dark-wood desk that seven or ten people could comfortably eat around. It matches the coffee table by the couch. Except for a mosaic of small and medium-sized paintings with old scripture or words written on them that hang and are arranged in a square pattern of twenty-three, everything else in the room is grayish and almost dark, including the ceiling, floors, and walls. They are beautiful, a collection of commonplace, forgotten items rendered with such accuracy that they resemble snapshots. Displayed together, they are breathtaking.

Her eyes dart to him as she flinches at the sound of his voice, "My brother made it." He is really breathtaking.

She looks away suddenly when he meets her gaze. She murmurs, drawn to him and the paintings, "T-they are lovely. Your brother has a peculiar talent for raising the ordinary to extraordinary." With his head tilted to one side, he gives her a serious look.

"Miss Kim, I could not agree more," he says in a deep, soft voice. For some reason, this makes her blush.

Apart from the paintings, the rest of the office is cold, dark, and clean. She questions whether his demeanor and reflections on it are related in any way. He gestures for her to sit on one of the leather chairs opposite her.

As she settles into a chair, she gives him another quick glance as he is preoccupied with looking through the portfolio she gave him. He has such a youthful appearance and is extremely attractive. He is tall, with long, unruly black hair that falls over his shoulder and appears to be very soft and fluffy. He is wearing a nice dark suit, a gray shirt, and a black tie. It takes everything in her to brush her hands on it and feel how fluffy and smooth it is. His eyes were a striking shade of brown with a tinge of orange that she could not believe a human could have.

After reviewing and sorting through the sketches she has meticulously selected and assembled for her portfolio,. Her heart rate suddenly became static.

"Your ideas and sketches are great, but I wonder if they will be the same once we bring them to life," he said, his voice suddenly becoming deep, which surprised her because it did not match his appearance and made him seem even more menacing. However, what really surprised her was that she found it strange and attractive.

"Is there anything else you can show me that could help me decide whether to hire you as a capable secretary and one of my company's weapon idea creators?" his icy yet friendly voice asks. God, it is hard to tell from the blank look on his face. He seems courteous above all else and somewhat intrigued.

After giving a nod, she takes her USB out of her bag. He gestures for her to put it on his laptop. She obeys and gets up to plug it in, but she cannot help but feel anxious in front of him, causing her to drop the USB twice on the coffee table in front of her.

Thank goodness, Mr. Min remains silent, presumably waiting patiently while she grows more and more embarrassed and agitated over her awkwardness. Gathering the courage to look at him, she is shocked to see that he is observing her every move, one hand casually resting on his lap, the other gently cupping his chin and touching his lips with his long index finger. It appeared to her that he was trying to hide his amusement at her foolish behavior.