•6•

PRO GAMER YOONJI

•••

"I am home," she exclaims, tossing her small bag onto the couch before heading straight to the kitchen. "Yoonji, you are late again, where have you been?" he asks.

The abrupt voice makes her flinch. Her head twisted as she gave him a frustrated look. It's just Haiden or Hoseokie or the squirrel hybrid of Mr. Min, whatever his name is, again. Casting her eyes aside, she ignored his question and his presence as she continued to search the fridge for a snack. She turned to see his figure leaning against the counter in the kitchen. Then, spotting a lasagna leftover from the previous day, she grabbed it and went to the microwave behind his back.

She motioned for him to move, saying, "I will use the microwave. Would you please?" Hoseok shook his head, giving her the room she needed.

"You understand that Mr. Min will be upset if he discovers that you are returning home late once more. I know I made an exception for you the other day and had to tell him a falsehood to appease him. However, if you decide to repeat the same actions and challenge him, I will not think twice about informing him about your recent behavior," he said, gesturing with his arms crossed.

She stopped in her tracks and looked at him, a smirk forming on the corner of her mouth. "Oh! Actually, why not go tell him about it?" Hoseok asked, looking perplexed. "He is not my dad, he cannot order me around." She scoffs and shoves him aside. She chuckled, "Because I know I am not the only one who will get an earful lecture from him."

"He is your protector, he-" Yoonji cuts him off with a shushing word. "Yeah? He did. But only because my dad asked him before he passed away. My dad asked, not me." She spat, crossing her arms over her chest as she waited for the lasagna to reheat.

When the microwave beeps, she removes the lasagna and starts to eat, not giving Hoseok a second thought. She turned to face the living room, saying, "Once you are done checking me out and doing your shit, you can go ahead and leave me alone. Tell him I came home in whole pieces." He simply lets out a sigh and watches her play PlayStation.

Born into a family of late secretary parents, Yoonji is a pro-gaming cat hybrid. Mr. Min chose to adopt her since she had no family. Her father had asked Mr. Min to take care of her only child before he passed away, and Mr. Min had agreed. If you do not know them better, you might think Yoonji and Mr. Min are siblings. Yoonji is a girl cat hybrid, while he is a human, or at least a peculiar, rare human. That is the only difference between the two.

He followed Yoonji in the living room. In order to prevent Yoonji from being alone the majority of the time, Mr. Min asked him to stay inside the house and go with her. He sat beside Yoonji.

Yoonji gave him an angry look when the couch's side dipped. "You are not stupid, I am surprised."

He mocked her tone and tipped his head to the side, grinning at her. "Mind your words, Yoonji, you did not specifically say I should leave you alone, you said it was on me, free will, eyy?" he asked. "Whatever"

After a short while, she lashed out once more. She let go of the controller and exclaimed, "I can not stand this, seriously... why?" She was curious as to why he was still here because it was not like him.

"I want to spend time with you, Mr. Min allowed me to stay anytime I wanted, and I also like watching you play, you are a great player," he said. She simply rolled her eyes and carried on with her game. "You won't really tell me why, huh!?"

"I have already explained my reasons to you," she said, examining him in an attempt to spot any indications of dishonesty but failing. Her tongue poking the inside of her cheeks, whatever this guy won't utter a word to me if it's his order, she whispered to herself. "Tsk, all right. Just do not bother me, you faithful squirrel of his."

Aside from the sounds made by the game she is playing, there is nothing else audible in the space. "Woah, you're really good at it! " he utters. Yoonji looks over her shoulder, surprised to see his mouth slightly open and his eyes fixed on the screen as he watches her play, clearly amused. He caught her expression and began to mouth a why as she laughed at his response. He smiled at her and she carried on playing, saying, "Nothing, well of course I am, I am a professional gamer after all."

Hoseok did some small talk with Yoonji while watching her play for an hour. He learned that this coming week, along with her other teammates, she will participate in an MLBB tournament. "Did you tell Mr. Min about it?"

"Well, I understand that he is busy and is unable to join me at the-

"Perhaps can I come with you if that's okay with you."

With wide eyes, Yoonji looks at him, surprised by something. She is aware that he is preoccupied with work at the company, so she can go even without anyone and drive herself there. "You know you do not have to drive, I can."

"Come on, let me drive you there and cheer you up. It is your big day! A competition."

She has never had anyone other than her father go with her to something significant.

She beams at him, "Well, if you insist, Hoseok." She did not think she would get along with him this well; only an hour before, she was acting like a brat and talking back to him. She will find it ridiculous and refuse to believe anyone who tells her they will find themselves in this predicament. Here's the thing: perhaps this time, she has made a friend.

With an offer of chips, he asks, "Want some?"

"Certainly, who does not enjoy chips?

"Yes, tell me about it. How can they not like chips? They must be stupid."

A muffled laugh caught his attention, and when he turned to look at Yoonji, he saw that she was trying to stop laughing but was failing.

She inadvertently spit out some of the chips when she started laughing. From their silliness, they both laugh. He passed a tissue and some water to her. "That is the most ridiculous joke I have ever heard, but really, over just a chip, how could you?"

"It is flattering on you, you should smile more."

Her cheeks began to heat up in response to the unexpected compliment. She bit the inside of her tongue, shocked that she stammered at the sound of a simple compliment. "I- I mean thanks for accompanying me here, you know it is rare for me to not be alone?

He grinned and pressed the play button, and they began competing in the game.

He looked lovingly at her and whispered to himself, "I know you do not want to be alone, and I will not go even if you tell me to." He could not help but smile.

•••

Note: Hellooooo so yess I decided write and upload this chapter first to give you a side of the story of Yoonji because like I said she will be part of this story heheeh

I hope you enjoy it, bchs..

See you in the next chapter take careeee.

Comment and vote bchss. Or just comment I'd rather know your opinion and talk to you all hehehe.

-drkglss🖤