•26•

A PART OF ME

•••

"Minji?" A knock on the door interrupted Mr. Min and Minji's conversation. "It's Hoseok... I should probably open the door"

They released their grips on one another.

Yoongi cleaned up the evidence of their earlier activity while Minji fixed herself before opening the door. The same goes for Mr. Min. "What is it, Hoseok?"

"Oh, you recently arrived—how was the conference?"

She responds with a hum and says, "Good, it went well."

"Are you by yourself? I have something to tell you," he said. "What is it?"

"It's about your brother..."

"Hey, I know you are a fan, but my brother is at work, so I promised not to bother him,"

"It was Ashley who called me," she paused for a moment before realizing, her arms crossed in her chest and her brows furrowed.

"How did you know Ashley?"

"The last time we got together, your brother invited me over, and we had dinner outside. Joon did not tell you about it.?"

"Tss... Really? He did not say anything about it?" she exclaimed, snorting at the idea. "Ah, that makes sense."

She said, shifting the subject, "Well, what is it that you want to ask?"

"The intruders attacked the research facility owned by your brother."

"What?" she exclaimed, her knees trembling briefly before bending slightly. "Minji, calm down."

She shakes Haiden's figure and asks, "How can I calm down? My brother... Is he okay?"

"He insisted on going even after she attempted to stop him from going."

"What the fuck! He is so reckless as always!" Hoseok assists her in standing up as she crouches on the ground. However, he noticed Mr. Min to the side when he raised his face.

He says, "Minji-huh... Mr. Min, what are you doing here?"

"We were just finishing up our discussion about the meeting, Minji—what is going on?" he asked, glancing at the hybrid. "She is simply, you know..."

Minji walked between the two, said, "I need to go home, Mr. Min," and then she went to her luggage and packed her belongings. She trailed behind the girl, and he asked, confused, "Wait, why?... What is happening?" Hoseok responded, observing him waiting for an explanation, "You should ask her yourself it is not my place to explain it, and if I did, she would not like it."

"Okay, I'll go and talk to her..."

"You can go with her back, or we can all leave now. Just make sure she does not do anything reckless too."

"No, you spend the next few days with Yoonji here, and I will go with Minji personally."

He nods and walks over to Minji's figure.

Hoseok says, "Okay, I will go now," and closes their door.

"Minji, what is up?" he queries.

"Mr. Min, he needs me. I must go home."

"Who?"

"My brother..."

"You have a brother? Why does not your background resume mention that?"

"That is because I did not put it there," she said hesitantly.

He thought for a bit. In her current state, she cannot travel alone. She needs someone. "Minji, wait, I'll go with you..."