•3•

HATE

•••

"That is pointless, you cannot remove it by yourself," the man uttered, glancing at his attempts to damage the necklace. "You will live forever thanks to that necklace."

He questioned, confused and agitated, "I do not understand you, you are supposed to make me suffer, why give me this that will keep me alive what kind of nonsense is this?"

A small smile appeared on the man's face, the first action that caused his blood to boil with rage to the point where he had to fight the urge to punch or behead the man despite knowing that he was a mortal and therefore useless.

The man walked up to stand by his side, holding his chin and gazing intently into his eyes. He lowered his head to his ear and muttered, "What you have wish back then in the fountain years ago." He stood there frozen, his eyes wide. "You ask it yourself do not you remember it?" He is clenching his fist so tightly in rage that his knuckles are practically turning white. "Remember now? Well, it is fine if you do not because soon you will, for unfortunately it will lead you to wishing and begging for the opposite...soon." What was it that he wished for at the time? There is no way he can remember it!

For the first time, fear seeps back into his veins as he is told, "You would rather wish you were dead than alive." He looked at the man with intense concentration, and when he gave him a small smile, he disappeared, leaving Emperor Min alone with the corpse of the criminal he had just killed. The scene returned to normal, and the smoke that had been surrounding him had also disappeared.

Exasperated, Min ran his fingers down his long blond hair locks, examining the chain necklace hanging down to his neck. He finds the smoke and black whirlwind inside the pendant to be intriguingly dangerous.

"Until light appears within it, the raging whirlwind will not cease its movements. You possess a heart and soul as dark as it is." A loud voice echoed in his head, causing his knees to weaken. He knelt down for a brief moment, and his vision became unguarded. He rubbed his temple, feeling as though a hammer had struck it several times. He was shocked to see that his wish in the supposedly magical fountain was to stay young and eternal, and that he was afraid of dying like her mother had. Shortly after, Hoshi's death was also included. Flashbacks of him as a child acting foolishly with his brothers appeared in the picture. They were happy until he entered the room and began scolding him.

Thirteen years later, who would have imagined that his wish would come true?

And it looks like the wish isn't a wish anymore... That innocent wish turned out to be a cursed wish, and this chain necklace turned out to be more like a leash.

With a low, breathy snicker, he said, "Mother, you are right about them." He then glared viciously at the moon, which is where they thought the etherals lived.

Being born into a royal family was not his choice, and he would not have become the person he is now if his father had simply shown him and his mother the same love and devotion that he showed his other brothers. However, the opposite occurred, and it is what has shaped him into the person he is today.

Additionally, the Etherals failed to protect and guide him, his mother, and Hoshi, they did not even take action to put an end to or punish that bastard. Are he, Hoshi, and his mother unworthy of the etherals?

Tears well up in his eyes again. "Why does everything have to be unfair when it comes to me?" he asks, wiping away his tears as he looks at the lifeless body of the man who looks like his younger brother. A smirk appears on his face before he falls to the ground.

He detested the High Etherals for forcing him to live this kind of life, and he hated life in general.

•••

Note: Hello, how are you today, bchs?? I hope you had a great day!

Thanks for taking the time to read and give this book a chance. See you in the next chapter...

Take care, bchs

-drkglss 🖤