•2•

ETHERALS

•••

"You know who I am," he muttered. "No, you are not him—I killed him," he continued, his tone clearly cold.

The man laughed, looking into his eyes and saying, "Yes, you did, but are you not curious why I am back?" He was becoming agitated, his fist twitching and his grip tightening around the sword.

He yelled at the man's face, "I have no time for your nonsense talking! Tell me who and what you are and why are you here!" but the man remained motionless on his spot.

"It is because of your past actions that they chose to punish you—they sent me to give you a warning," he grinned, gazing up at the king. Min was confused. Who is going to punish him, the king whom everyone, including the ministry, fears? And to begin with, who is capable of reviving someone?

He snarled and threatened to strike him with the sword's sharp end. "What sorcery and witchcraft is this? Why and how? I killed you." "Tell me what it is!"

With a sly smile, the man said, "They plan something for you, knowing your so special... a special punishment." Min became agitated and lost patience, reaching for his throat with his sword.

"What is taking so long?" the man asked, stopping short of finishing his sentence when Min killed him once more.

The man's message is still on his mind, despite the fact that he is gasping for air and that some of the blood seeping from him has stained his face and robe. As a bright, dark light filled the room, he dropped his sword and tried to turn around.

He growled, turning to face the round cloud that was circling him. "Who are you this time?" he said. He swung his sword in a panic, trying to drive it away, but he was unsuccessful.

A voice echoed from the cloud encircling him, saying, "Stop, it is useless." "What are you?" he repeated as the cloud transformed into a man covered in a dark robe. He looks magical yet dangerous. In a deep, monotone voice, the man said, "I am here to make you pay and grant you your deeds."

He stated bluntly, displaying no fear from the unidentified man, "I have not done any good, I am sure you are not here to reward me, you are either here to kill or punish me."

"You know, Min, I am disappointed in how you turned out, along with the High Etherals. You have a good heart and soul, so what happened to you?" the man asked, his expression pitying.

"You ought to have been more aware of the reasons behind my current state of affairs. What sort of etherals are you, anyway? People call you protectors and guardians, but you are all worthless."

The man was so shocked by what he had said that his hands dropped to the top of his chest, and he gave Min a very loving look that infuriated him.

"I do not need your sympathy, do not look at me like that!"

"You did not do anything to punish that bastard father of mine; you made Hoshi suffer for something he did not do!" Min said, his voice breaking and his eyes turning red from the copious amounts of tears that were streaming out.

"Now, why are you here? You have to punish me. Go kill me right away. I am tired of this life. You all took my loved ones away. It is your fault that I became this worthless, useless etheral."

"We etherals cannot change what is going to happen; we can only protect and guide you through decisions and actions. It is up to you whether you will listen to us or allow the dark side to eat you up." I apologize for what you have gone through.

He spat out his disgusted words, "Well, guess what? Well, you drastically failed protecting and guiding me."

The man answered, "And in response to your previous inquiry, I am here to punish you in a different way. We do not possess the ability to kill, but even if we did, we would not kill you because it is too easy. You have committed too much in the past years—you have killed innocent people, and you carry out demonic deeds that allow the dark etherals to consume you and enter you."

When the man takes something out of his robe—a black necklace with an unusual pendant—Min raises an eyebrow. He looks at it, utterly perplexed as to what it is. What kind of punishment is this!? Is he offering him something like that because he thinks he is a fool? But as it abruptly vanished before his eyes, he gasped and flinched on the ground, interrupting his train of thought.

"What the—" Min said, gesturing to his neck, and when he suddenly reached, he discovered he was wearing the necklace.

He growled at the man, trying to remove the necklace from his neck by pulling it back and taking it off, but he was unable to do so. "What is this? Take it from me now!" he exclaimed.

•••

Note:

Unfamiliar Words;

The Etherals- considered the gods in my little fic.

There are two kinds of etherals;

The High Etherals- are the good ones; they protect and guide, but it's up to the individual if they will listen. They have the power to punish but never kill.

Dark etherals- the evil one who summons and makes people do bad decisions.

P.S;  Hello!!  Thanks for taking the time to read and give this book a chance. see you in the next chapter. So yeah, sorry again if I cut it hahah take care bchs 

I hope you like the first chapter so far. Don't be shy to leave comments I love reading it, you know, and it encourages me. I want to know what you guys think.

-drkglss 🖤