•18•

QUESTIONS

•••

Min POV

She asks me, her gaze never leaving mine, "How come I am here, Mr. Min?" Does she not remember? Without even looking in her direction, I said, "You need to rest. Return to the bed."

"Oh, okay. Hold on, this is not my room." I heard her murmur behind me. Of course, it's my room after all. Yoonji might question her if she sees her unconscious, so I missed my opportunity to get her to her room.

"Mr. Min, where are we?"

I stated clearly, "My room."

Her scent hits my nose. This is bad. Now that she is conscious next to me. Self-control is beyond my reach. The scent of her blood. I shut my eyes and inhaled deeply. I don't want to scare her again. Even what happened is beyond her memory. I should see it as a positive indication since I will not have to defend my actions.

Her footsteps approached me, moving the chair next to me so she could sit on it. This woman is so stubborn. If only she knew what she's doing to me now. Why I am feeling this way is beyond even me to comprehend. It's been so long since I've been like this. One hundred years, to be exact. "Mr. Min-

Trying to calm myself, I muttered, "Go. back."

"The view in your room is so pretty up here." My gaze is directed toward her. I saw a glimpse of my mark on her neck. I hiss, resisting the urge to suck on it once again.

With a gentle voice, she asks, "Are you okay, Mr. Min?"

" I am just tired," I said. "I wonder why you wear it every day."

"What?" I inquire, unsure of her meaning.

"I have not witnessed you remove your necklace," she remarked, gesturing to the necklace dangling around my neck.

"My life is dependent on it, I cannot remove it even if I wanted to."

"I assume that it is extremely valuable to you." I snicker. Specifically, the opposite of it.

She squeals as she approaches her laptop on the desk and says, "Oh! My laptop is here."

I need to make an excuse. "You must be tired from the flight, I had Hoseok check on you. You came into my room with that, but you fainted in front of the room when I opened it."

With excitement, she inquires, "Hoseok? Is he a doctor?"

"No, but his parents are doctors and nurses, so he has knowledge about it."

"I'm sorry," she said.

"For what?" I question her and face her.

"Again, for passing out and stumbling in front of your door."

"I-its fine" Though you do not seem to remember it, it is actually my fault.

She touched and palmed her neck, saying, "Weird, why does my neck feel strain? I do not know how to explain it." I said, averting my eyes from her, "M-must be stress."

I heard the door squeak. I already know who it is. It's Yoonji. This girl really doesn't know how to knock. I heard Yoonji walking quietly toward us, and I said, "I told you to knock Yoonji when you come into my room, how many times should I tell you that?" With a shocked expression, Minji moves her seat to have a better look at her. She waves at her then. "I knock, you simply have poor hearing." I swear, what a piece of lame excuses from her.

"I said to knock before going in, not after."

"Why are you here? What do you want? I thought you were with your best friend, Hoseok?" I ask. With a sigh of frustration, she collapsed onto one of the plush chairs next to us. "I want to spend time with Minji, he is teasing me and all. I hate him," she says as she gets up and approaches Minji, putting her arms around her waist and drawing her in close. I frown at her and her hands.