•15•

DEAL OR NO DEAL

•••

The tap of his shoe heels is the only thing that can be heard throughout the hallway. Wearing a white coat, he carried two books in his left hand and a cup of coffee in his right.

One of his most recognizable features is his broad shoulder, along with his attractive face, captivating eyes that are a special color, and his brilliant mind, which the gods and those around him regard as well-made. Perfect.

He turned and placed the books on the side desk to his right. Donning his spectacles, he began to review the details of his most recent creation that were saved to his desktop. In order to make it function, he is attempting to determine what is missing.

He travelled all the way to this country just to get the details from Serio.

His creation will allow individuals to travel in time. Yes. Timeline machine capsule, that is. Although it seems unfeasible, he is attempting to build one because it could allow humans to travel back in time. It will allow you to see the future and the past.

His sidekick Melo asks him, "What are we going to do? Will we finish this one? Is it possible?"

"It may sound impossible, but trust me, we are almost there. I already have the details Serio had completed, hopefully, this is the last thing we need to complete that creation."

"If you say so."

"I'll just take this call. Keep your eye on the data. And click the green button once it's done loading."

Melo responds with a nod.

"Hello?"

"Please, just this once, help me with this. I need your assistance."

"Eun, what is it?"

"Assist me and my companion in getting away. I will assist you with your creation. I know what you need to make it function. I can get you that thing; our Master has one."

"How can I trust your telling the truth?"

"You tell me whether or not I am lying, I will send you the picture right now."

He waited for a few seconds. And then a message from him appeared as a pop-up notification on his screen. When he opened it, he discovered the Kryno crystal they require—which not even his team can obtain—inside. It's rare and dangerous.

"So, deal or no deal, what do you say?"

He asks him excitedly, "What do I need to do?"

•••

"I have to return home today, wait for the information that Sonia will send you, and then head back home."

Melo tilts his head and asks, "But why so abrupt?"

"Something needs to be done,"

He gathers everything he needs, including the container he made especially for the Kryno Crystal. "Do not tell me... No way!? You found one!? Why are you bringing that container? It is for the Kryno crystal."

A smile lights up his face. "Oh, that is right. I am going home because I have to take action to obtain it."

When he has finished packing, he puts his belongings in his backpack and gets the necessary case.

"Yes! Aye aye! I will do my best, sir! Good luck on your flight!" he said, giving him a gentle tap on the shoulder before saying goodbye.

As he leaves the hotel, he unintentionally runs into a stranger. He unintentionally drops his car keys en route. For a brief moment, they maintain eye contact. She apologized with a mouthful, and he followed suit before quickly grabbing the dropped keys and nodding to her.

He threw his backpack and his belongings onto the rear seat. After getting on board the plane and making a hasty trip to the airport, he lets Melo know to come get the car.

•••

Note: hehehe double update, cause this chapter is so short I need to upload it hahah, I don't want to merge it with another chapter so yeah. Hahah

-drkglss 🖤