Chapter 7.5 - Year 1

I meant to post this with chapter 7 and forgot to so I decided to post this as a mini-chapter under 7.5

Enjoy!

While the next day happened easily enough, Raven had just gone through classes feeling bored. On Wednesday they had Transfiguration, Charms, Herbology, Lunch, D.A.D.A., Potions, a free period, and then midnight Astronomy.

He was probably the only one who didn't collapse on his bed that night, not that he went to sleep that night. He had snuck around the castle hidden under a disillusionment charm.

He had found nothing interesting besides a few hidden passages that only shortened the time to get to certain places.

He also went with Neville to get his new wand and it was interesting to watch with his mage sight.

'Though I suppose the giant slide that's accessible on all floors to the floor you desire to go to is fun.' He thought while standing outside with his classmates.

It was flying lessons.

He saw how several of his classmates were nervous. It was a good thing he liked being up high. He also took a look at the brooms around and wrinkled his nose slightly.

Like all magus, he could use one of the senses to find magic, and his chosen one was a sight. He soon realized that he might have Mage Sight.

Mage Sight was something coveted by many people in both the Wizarding and Magus world. Normally for one to look at magic with mortal eyes would cause unimaginable pain after an hour. Also grants a large headache the day after falling asleep.

However, those with natural-born Mage Sight were immune to this, along with Seers. They could look at magic for as long as they want and be fine. It did however cause a shitty headache for the first time users, but normally babies develop it at a young age if they have it and most parents don't even realize it and assume it's baby issues as doctors and nurses aren't able to identify if a baby has the ability.

He had his powers sealed soon after birth and thus had gotten his headache soon after using it and had thrown a large fit destroying a bunch of things unaware of himself doing such things.

He had been surprised when he had come to his senses and found himself in a wrecked abandoned building and his TRUEST form. He quickly went back to his human look before vanishing back to the orphanage quickly.

Anyway, back to the class.

'These brooms are gonna die soon. What the hell are these idiots thinking about allowing this? I'm gonna need to ask Professor Tabby about this.' Raven thought while nearly giggling at the nickname he had given to his transfiguration teacher after learning about her animagus on the first day of class.

A whistle was heard and a voice barked out "Go stand next to a broom, group up with your fellow housemates. Now!" The voice yelled out the "Now!" part when some didn't start moving.

"Now, I am your flying instructor Madam Hooch. I want you all to extend your dominant hand out and tell your broom "Up" and then await further instructions." The teacher said strictly, not anything on McGonagall's level though.

A few people's brooms shot into their hands, some rolled around, and a few of them didn't even move. He decided to whisper to Neville and help him.

"Command the broom into your hand. Will it? Be firm." He whispered and Neville's broom soon flew into his hand.

Eventually, the teacher had just told the others to grab the broom doing it the uncool way. She then told everyone how to get on the brooms.

Little ferret boy tried to show off saying he had been riding a broom since he was young, but Madam Hooch quickly corrected his positioning, much to his embarrassment and everyone's amusement, even the boy's fellow Slytherins.

Eventually, as Madam Hooch instructed them to kick off, Neville did it early and ended up losing control of the broom and slamming into the wall painfully. His broom broke apart on impact. He started falling, but fell onto a statue on the wall, but the part of his clothes holding him up soon ripped and he fell to the ground which no doubt broke his arm with the way he landed.

'I sometimes forget how fragile normal humans are.' Raven thought while remembering the times he jumped off a few mountains and cliffs while running from some powerful beast.

'Note to self, again, Dire Wolves do not like strangers appearing at their chosen home.' Raven thought before coming back to focus to notice his best friend Rose flying in the air catching the remember-ball thing of Longbottom.

"POTTER!" The very recognizable voice of Minerva McGonagall was heard as she stormed over and led her away while muttering the words "Wood, Seeker, Quidditch, Mine" and several others even his enhanced hearing couldn't hear.

So with that thought in mind, he concluded that she would become the new seeker probably.

He was right, his friend had become the new seeker.

Conveniently while eating breakfast two days later a broom-shaped object arrived and Raven caught Professor McGonagall winking at Rose and Headmaster Dumbledore raising his goblet and smiling with a twinkle in his eye.

'How did he make his eyes twinkle? Can I do that?' Raven thought while deciding on his newest research project after he finished his current one.

He also soon realized he would have to start attending quidditch matches too since his best friend was participating, and he would be a shitty friend if he didn't attend her matches, at least most of them.

'Damn need to do shit for friends. I want to be a sigma!' Raven thought in depression and decided he needed the good shit and snuck away with practical ease and locked himself away to eat his food of the gods.

Pizza!

Sorry for the wait, the dude from my work got in a car accident and I'm having to fill in for him and that leaves me with little time. I'm staying awake to write this chapter at 12:30 p.m. when I have to wake up at 5 a.m. to get ready for work.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the short chapter. Peace!

 Peace!