Chapter 11 - Year 1

Raven coughed up a puff of smoke as he stared at the scorched ground in front of him. His face and body were covered in soot from an explosion.

"Ok, note to self, do NOT try to combine a pepper with gasoline," Raven muttered to himself as he stood up and used a spell to clean himself off.

Wouldn't do any good to be covered in soot for his other experiments after all.

"Alright, now, what is the best way to have an item float forever without needing to be refilled manually? Hm, maybe the runes for store, absorption, and a few others to make sure the flow is right and doesn't overfill, or underfill." Raven muttered as he grabbed a pointy rock and his rune-carving dagger.

2 hours and 13 mins later Raven had finished prototype one.

"And now for test number 1," Raven muttered as he set the rock down and activated a single rune in the middle of several other ones.

The rock started to float slightly before Raven felt it pull in an extremely large quantity of magic before shooting straight up through the floor.

Meanwhile, 5 mins later a 6th-year Slytherin student walked in through the entrance to the hospital wing with a funny and painful look on his face while limping hard.

Madam Pomfrey, the school nurse, couldn't stop laughing once she had the student gone with a couple of potions and a brown and red covered rock vanished.

Raven didn't know why, but he felt proud.

"Alright, back to prototype number two," Raven mumbled to himself as he went back to tinkering now taking into account rapid filling.

For the rest of the night, Madam Pomfrey had herself busy with the same student returning to her for needing a rock removed from his ass several times over.

"Oh well, I guess I'll try again later tonight," Raven muttered as he set his stuff away and locked everything down before shrinking his experiment trunk and putting it in his space-extended bag.

The same student that had been treated by Madam Pomfrey didn't know why, but he decided he was going to sign up for go home for Yule (Christmas) instead of staying at Hogwarts like he usually did since his parents were extremely busy during that time.

Later in the morning, Raven sipped his coffee from the astronomy tower, kindly given to him by a house elf.

He watched as all the students left, he idly wondered why one student was walking with a limp so bad he couldn't hide it.

'Oh well, not like it's my fault right? Nah!' Raven thought to himself as he set his coffee cup down and it vanished, and he pulled his book out.

102 Ways To Cause Mayhem and Be Innocent
by Morgan Le Fay

"57. Wtf is this shit?" Raven muttered as he kept reading.

"How to get your half-sister pregnant and blame it on a magus of flowers, and be a good parent at the same time. What kind of shit is this!?" Raven said as he read further on about what it was about. In detail.

"Ew, no. Nope. Not happening. Next." Raven said to himself as he skipped to the next thing.

An fir the rest of the morning he sat reading in peace by himself, well if you don't count the nearby birds chirping randomly.