Chapter 23 (Year 2)

Raven pondered to himself as he stared at the book left in front of him by McGonagall who had found him, dropped the book off, and went off to do whatever she did. Probably paperwork her husband didn't want to do.

All Things Raven Inanis Is Not Allowed To In Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

"Pft." Raven made a sound as he read the title and opened it.

Rule 1: No starting fights
Rule 2: No...

And it just kept going on and on about what he wasn't allowed to do. Honestly how amusing, but they forgot one thing. His name wasn't Raven Inanis. No.

It was Raven Inanis Le Fay Pendragon. Fools! He's one step ahead of you at all times!

"Rule 315, Raven Inanis is not allowed to set giant illusion snakes onto students. Oh, that's bullshit!" Raven said as he started pouting and acting like a child.

"Rule 615: Raven is not allowed to command the students like a general in an army against other students. That's fair." Raven read that one and felt it was fair.

He had done it twice. Well, he did it a third time, but on a lot smaller scale and it was just assumed to be a normal student-to-rivalry thing, that shit happens in Hogwarts daily.

Raven pondered on just what exactly was happening. Everyone was gathered in a hallway. He took a peak and saw it was written on a wall in blood. Chicken blood, or more accurately, rooster blood.

It said something about the heir and returning. Hard to see when all these annoying little shits won't move out of the way! He could also see a petrified cat on the wall.

"Sleepy, hungry, tired, must hunt." Raven paused as he heard a voice, he realized it was the language of snakes, parsletongue as humans called it.

To the Faye, it was just another language for them. To others, it was a language exclusive only to speakers as they called them.

"That's gotta be a big snake though," Raven muttered before he decided to leave. He had stuff to do. If he had stayed behind a little longer he would have noticed a pair of sad green eyes watching him before she was taken away by Dumbledore with some other kids.

"Not a runespore. While big, it was one voice speaking and not three." Raven spoke to himself as he sat in the library going through book after book.

"The only snake that could paralyze like that would be a basilisk. Damn, why did Ella and Arc decide this was a good time to run off into the forest?" Raven grumbled before sighing and returning the books with a wave of his wand before moving off.

"Ok. So if I combine these three runes with these two sets of two runes, it forms a group of 7 and should in theory make a strong shield." Raven said to himself as he delicately finished carving the last rune onto a piece of wood.

With some hope, he channeled some magic into it and watched in glee as a small blue barrier formed around the wood. He tapped it, and to his utter disappointment it broke apart like a large piece of glass, first it cracked then broke.

"Test 1. Partial Failure." Raven said sighing as he jotted this down in his notebook.

*BOOM*

"Fuck!"

"Test 5. Failure. Note to self, do not assume it is explosion-proof yet." Raven said as he puffed out a bit of smoke.