Chapter 15 - Year 1

In hindsight, waking up to the worried face of Professor Tabby made him feel bad.

'Maybe I shouldn't do these stupid things? Nah, it's fun.' Raven thought with a mental laugh before wincing when the bright light shined in his eyes when he glanced around.

"Return the darkness," Raven mumbled as he tried to bury his face in the pillow, but was denied by Madam Pompfry.

"No. Now tell me how you feel?" She asked him as she waved her wand over him.

"Better than I did whenever I passed out," Raven muttered annoyed somewhat, but then sighed realizing he couldn't do anything. Stupid soul magic is extremely hard and difficult to understand.

"Very funny Mr. Inanis. My scans report you are in a healthy condition even though you've only been knocked out for 3 hours." The school nurse said somewhat perplexed, but let it go. For now. She then walked away to leave the Professor and Student alone. If she kept an open ear out, well that was just her being her.

"Mr. Inanis can you explain to me why I found four students inside the third-floor corridor? One with a minor head injury, one shocked, one with burns and ash on them, and the last one having marks around his wrist and ankle with some cuts?" Professor Tabby asked, or rather demanded, but started it like a question.

"Yes, I'm sure we'd both be interested in hearing this question my boy," Dumbledore said smiling like normal as he walked in. A curious gleam in his eyes.

"Well, I guess it all started when I may or may not have gotten lost looking for a bathroom. I ended up wandering around to find one when I saw a certain familiar cloak on the ground. I picked it up and stored it away to return to its owner and somehow ended up at a giant chess set. Neville Longbottom apparently with a minor head injury and small cuts. Hermione Granger is there also. Then somehow I walked through fire and came upon the scene of-" Raven went to continue, but he needed some water, which Dumbledore handed to him.

"Thank you," Raven said before clearing his throat to continue.

"Anyway, I came upon the scene of Rose in ropes. Professor Quirell wasn't wearing his turban and he had this deformed face not even a mother could love on the back of his. It claimed to be Voldemort. We dueled, but I lost. Not enough experience I guess. He then bound me to the wall with metal cuffs. I broke free of them to see the sight of Rose's hand somehow burning Quirell by touch. So I helped." He took a deep breath.

"Next thing I know is from the ashes a black spirit thing that was black fog-like stuff with that demented face flew through Rose causing her to pass out. And then it flew towards me, and I'd say I panicked and somehow did some accidental magic sending it flying away. I then passed out once I saw Gandalf's beard." Raven said the last part with a snicker which made Dumbledore chuckle.

"I see, well I'm sure that information will be extremely useful at a later time. For now, go ahead and rest. Knowing how Madam Pompfry is, I doubt she'll be letting you go till tomorrow." Dumbledore said pleased before walking out. He had some thinking to do.

"I'm pleased you alright, but please do not be doing things like this again. I'll have grey hair by the time you graduate, also it's not good for my heart." McGonagall said, but she had a small smile on her face.

"Speaking of graduating, could I begin the faster progression starting next year?" Raven asked hopefully.

McGonagall stared at Raven intently, before she sighed. "Very well, however, if it's too much work I'll be canceling your classes and returning you to where you need to be placed." She said firmly and he nodded extremely happy, and hugged her.