Chapter 27 (Year 2)

Raven sighed as he chucked yet another piece of paper at the wall. He had been trying to write the letter he would be sending to his mother soon. What do you say in a letter to women like her?

"Hey Mom, I know we haven't seen each other since I was a wee baby, but I'm doing well and I hope you are as well. This is the Phoenix companion of my school Headmaster Dumbledore. I am at Hogwarts on Earth. Hope you can come drop by soon. The school year is almost over. If you want to meet, I'll be at Merlin's Tower when I get out of school this year. Your son, Raven Inanis Le Fay Pendragon." Raven spoke to himself before cursing and sighing.

"I suck at this crap," Raven said to himself before he decided to wait a little and read the transfiguration book McGonagall had gotten him as a gift.

"Wait that's it! Professor Momma Cat McGonagall!" Raven said before he stood up packed his stuff, and vanished all the papers in the room, there were like 87 crumpled balls of paper all over the room, he had counted each failed written letter.

"To the momma cat!" Raven cheered before he ran out of the room in a burst of speed, if he had been hanging out for a bit longer, he would have noticed the fact that a basilisk had just slithered through the hallway from the general area of the library casually before going into some pipes via a hidden entrance using parsletongue.

Raven was in a much better mood. He had a serious talk with McGonagall, and she had in the end given him an answer that he felt he could agree with.

Write whatever came from the heart, and that's what he did. He wrote a letter directly from the heart. Even dropped a bit of blood on the paper so she could scan it and confirm it. Well, more like he put some in a small glass tube and sealed it into the paper with runes.

It was a handy bitch of work he had learned recently. It was complicated work since he combined magecraft and Wizardry runes in the hopes Gaia wouldn't run the runes down so quickly. It should last theoretically a few months at most. He was limited on uses since the paper wasn't that good for runes for a long time with too many of them. While parchment was a bit better, he didn't need to use that many runes.

Raven and Rose stood in the hospital wing as they stared at the frozen body of Hermione Granger as she was clutching a book in her hand. She was lying in a hospital bed.

Rose was slightly tearing up, almost. Rose however finally took notice of the book in the frozen girl's hand and managed to pry it out of her hands and when she did, it was already opened to a certain page, several things circled, but most above them were the word Basilisk.

"Basilisk gaze will almost always kill, but if someone sees its eyes in a reflection, like a mirror or whatever, then they will be paralyzed till a curse is used." Rose read out loud and Raven mentally grinned as he realized he was right in his assumption that it was a basilisk. He did a little mental dance.

Rose tucked the book away to study it more later before she and Raven were escorted back to the Gryffindor common room by McGonagall, or rather they were going to be, but she was distracted when she noticed a small group getting ready to fight, but there were more words written on the wall now and in more chicken blood.

"Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever." Raven read out loud and he pondered on just who's skeleton shall lie down there.