Chapter 31 (Summer Year 2)

"Perhaps, just perhaps I should not have done that last prank on Zelretch of all people," Raven said to himself as he was hanging by his feet above a fire. Tribes of primitive people speaking a strange language he could understand.

"I would very much not like to be sacrificed for your gods," Raven said as one of them tried poking him with their spears.

"Watch it, buddy!" Raven snarled out as he glared at the man with his killing intent and bloodlust. The man soiled himself and fell into the fire knocked out only to wake up in pain. He died soon afterward.

"Um oops?" Raven said as they all started pointing their spears at him with some of them glowing. Magic enhanced. And they had a fire. Lightning.

"Oh shit! Time to run!" Raven said easily breaking free and running. He ended up running from them on a beach.

(Seemed fitting

(Seemed fitting. I was watching this movie at work and just thought this was a great way to start the chapter)

"Ahhhhhh!" Raven screamed while running. He won't lie, he was having a great time with this.

"Better him than me. Now where did Barbosa leave my ship? GIBS!"

"Aye Jack! Barbosa stole the ship, again."

"Crap."

Raven eventually lost the tribe's men and was hiding in a cave. However, as he lit a light in the middle of the cave via a fire he saw it covered in marks.

"Not marks, runes," Raven said in awe as he looked at everything. Arcueid who had popped her head out from his coat at this point also agreed that it was amazing. She had seen better, but the fact this was such a primitive world made it surprising.

"They also are linked perfectly by mixing two similar runes into one to allow them to mix with the others perfectly. They even slowly mixed in other types of runes to perfectly allow compatibility!" Raven said as he traced the runes of course he was curious, and Arc was with him, so he channeled some magic into the runes and watched as they glowed brightly before suddenly a portal opened up below him and sucked him and Arc inside. Just in time the tribe arrived and saw a fire.

They'd later go on to find a man and claim him as their chief.

"Ow," Raven said as he looked around and tried to figure out where he was. However as his senses finally caught up with the unexpected travel, he noticed something.

"This place is similar to heaven, yet it's not at the same time," Raven mumbled as Arc returned to her human form ready for a fight

"Incoming." She said and they turned and had to blink at what they saw. A giant dark cloak flew towards them. A large scythe in hand.

"Are you cosplaying as the Grim Reaper?" Raven with no tact asked curiously and had to blink when suddenly the cloaked being was in front of him and Arc who had tried to slash at the being with her claws, but got sent flying far away.

"How interesting you arrived here, unexpected. However, I expected nothing less from a Fate Breaker." The cloaked person said with a smile, Raven couldn't see in their cloak despite his enhanced eyesight, but he could somehow see the smile and the glowing red eyes. Just for a moment, he saw their face before he couldn't see it at all.

"However you need not be here. Return to the mortal realm and enjoy your time. Dark times lay ahead of you little Faye." The cloaked being said just as Arcueid arrived back only to get smacked into the ground by their scythe.

"Now go home." They said before waving their hand opening a portal and sending them back to the cave, but the runes had vanished entirely now that they returned.

"How interesting. Yes, how very interesting. To think he would somehow enter true limbo so easily, and manage to bring his companion with him." The cloaked person said before vanishing to places unknown.

"Again, why is it always the face?" Raven grumbled as his face was the first thing to land after a trip back. "You alright Arc?" Raven asked and she nodded before turning into a cat and curling up inside his coat to sleep. He had extra large pockets for this exact reason. However, she acted more like a cat sometimes.

"Hmm, okay time to go home," Raven said to himself as he channeled some magic into the wristband he had to let Zelretch know it was time to return.

A portal opened beneath his feet and he fell inside it just avoiding another group of people passing by the cave.

"Again damn it!" Raven cursed as he rubbed his head and stomped up the stairs to his workshop to get to work on his newest project. However, his annoyance soon disappeared as he thought about his newest/sorta oldest project.

Project Damocles.

His latest adventure had just given him the perfect way to complete his invention.

(Not being revealed just yet, sorry!)

Raven stared in horror as his mom had him sit down and had him chained down to a chair, at least it was comfy.

"Now. To begin with the basics of Faye politics and the Faye version of sex." Morgan said cheerfully and Raven wondered if he could force himself to die somehow, but he was sure Morgan could keep him alive, and if not her, Merlin could and would. Momma Morgan ain't losing her child.

"Nooooooo!" Raven tried desperately to escape, but nothing worked. "LET ME OUT!" He screamed out, but his wishes were denied. Never happening.

For the next couple of days, Raven couldn't look his mom in the face again. A mighty Faye queen herself, Morgan, couldn't help, but smirk every time it happened. She took great pleasure in this act. She'd have to plan something for dinner later on too.

Sorry for an almost two-week wait for a simple 1,000-word chapter, I've decided to cut down summertime chapters to add some plot, but they will mostly be just for jokes and having fun, but if you skip them, you might miss a critical point that could explain something later on and be extremely confused a few(or many) chapters later.

Till the next chapter.

Peace!