Chapter 8 - Year 1

Hi! Sorry for the wait, I've just been busy. Being an adult sucks, don't grow up kids. It's not worth becoming an adult.

Also sorry about this being a shorter chapter, I just couldn't think of a way to extend this longer. I try to extend these to 2k words usually, but I couldn't think of a way to make it reach that in this one.

Raven supposed that his lying about not feeling well to not attend the Halloween fest was a decent excuse, but it was the only one he could think of since he was in a magical world that could easily fix sickness and injuries.

How else was he gonna do the ritual he wanted to do?

The Ritual of Spirit Summoning

It was a ritual that as its name implied, would summon a spirit. He planned on trying to summon a fairy spirit hoping his origin would allow him to summon one who could contact his mother for him, or at least a spirit which had contacts which could eventually lead to him getting in contact with his mother.

Casting a quick Tempus charm he saw the time was 7:13 pm and started the ritual. He had a short time to do this after all.

"Here me oh great spirits, hear my call from the realm of spirits, through space, through reality. Answer my call-" Raven started the chant as he released a great amount of magic, however he was interrupted by a large club swinging through the wall revealing a bathroom, inside it was Longbottom, Granger, and Rose.

"Oh my..." Raven said as he waved his hand vanishing the ritual stuff. However he had some pent-up anger, and the full-grown mountain troll seemed like a perfect target.

"Hey, you ugly bastard!" Raven yelled out while reinforcing his body and using a sonorous charm to amplify his voice to greater heights.

"Yeah you, the giant walking fat piece of snot!" Raven yelled again and the troll took offense as it turned to Raven and swung his club at him which made Raven laugh and dodge it while running into the hallway with the troll following by busting the wall down fully and grabbing its thrown club.

"Oh my, bad aim? Need some glasses?" Raven taunted again as they arrived in the hallway.

Pointing his wand at the ground, Raven used the argument charm to cover the hall with water, the floor, walls, and the roof. He then used transfiguration to turn all the water into ice.

The troll having never been ice skating started slipping and Raven casted a wandless and silent sticking charm to his feet was fine.

As the troll started falling, Raven wasn't pleased to note it fell backward and the ice spikes he had made around it ended up barely poking the skins thing before breaking.

"Oops," Raven said as the troll roared in rage as one of the spikes hit a spot that the troll had been injured in from something.

"Note to self, trolls get angry if ice spikes touch old wounds that are still possibly open," Raven muttered even as he was already creating some giant and pointy ice spikes above the troll, but it swung its club destroying the spikes easily and causing small pieces of ice to rain on it.

Raven took advantage of that and transfigured those pieces into small spiky metal pieces. And they kept their momentum too.

So naturally they ended up piercing into the body of the troll, mostly around half way of its chest and down as they had already fallen a good amount.

"Note to self, full-grown mountain trolls take exception to being stabbed by small metal spikes," Corvus muttered softly as he put away his wand not wanting to risk it.

In a moment he had a barbed and spiky spear in his hand and rushed forward dodging the swung club and planting the spear with all his strength into its foot piercing it. He repeated this with the other foot before he moved back and created a giant piece of stone and chucked it at the troll sending it on its back crying out in agony.

Running forward he summoned another spear and pinned the troll's shoulder like he did the feet and repeated it on the hand as well. Then doing it on the opposite side.

The troll roared at Raven angrily, and the young man, for what else was he., had a calm answer.

"When you see Death, tell them Raven Inanis sent you, and then apologize to them on my behalf for sending you to them!" Raven said mockingly before creating another spear and running it through the troll's head ending its life as it roared one last time before dying.

It was at this moment that Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, Professor Flitwick, and Professor Fake-Stutter.

"You're late," Raven muttered as he slid off the troll wiping off the blood he got sprayed on him he had hit a bad spot in the left hand and missed hitting a bad spot shooting blood all over him.

Raven sniffed himself before making a gagging sound.

"Ew, I need a shower," Raven said before waving his wand with his clean charm removing the blood on him, he did not remove the smell though, he would need s shower for that, or 10 showers to be honest.

He moved to leave, but heard McGonagall say "What are you three doing here!? And you Mr. Inanis are supposed to be in your dorm room resting! Explain yourselves!" Okay, it was more of a demand.

Oops, busted.

Raven had just sat there calmly with a pillow in his hand as he lay against the wall. The pillow soon goes behind his head.

"We noticed H-Hermione wasn't at the feast and heard that she was in the bathroom from Padma, she said she was crying because of Ron," Neville said without stuttering almost entirely. Doing good made him more confident.

"Of course, Weasley was the cause of it. Him and his big mouth." Raven said with a snort and ended up drawing the attention of the staff onto him with McGonagall demanding his explanation for being here.

"Well it all started when I went to take a nap, then I woke up and found himself standing in a room and a trolls club going through the wall. Quite an interesting experience I tell you. So I'm assuming I sleptwalk here." Raven said cheerfully, or as well as he could considering he just wanted to go and sulk in private over his failed ritual. If he ever found out who caused the troll incident, he's going to have some, words, with them.

"I see..." Professor McGonagall trailed off, non of the other professors believed that excuse and that's only because they've learned to tell when a student is lying to them.

Raven's face was currently the face of perfect innocence, his tone implied innocence, even the look in his eyes did, but the teachers know, they always do...

"Very well," McGonagall said after a moment in silence. "-5 points each of you Longbottom, Granger, and Potter, for not just running away immediately. However 25 points to both of you Longbottom, Potter, for going to help a classmate even at a risk to yourself. 5 points to your Mr. Inanis for not running and seeking help from a teacher, however, 50 points to you for defending your classmates at risk of your own life. Now off with you all." McGonagall said after seeing they were all physically alright. She would also be talking with Ronald Weasley.

The four then started the walk to the common room, Raven just walking beside Rose who had to guide the young man since he got lost in his thoughts by holding his wrist.

Eventually, they arrived and just went to their room and went to sleep.

Till next time!