🎭4: Reunited

Five days before the murder

"I... got hired?" Fin looks at his grandmother across the table, who was also waiting for him to get the call. "Yes. Yes, I'll be there in an hour." The call ended, and he faced his curious grandmother with a smile. "They said I'll start working there today."

"The Chantelle Manor?" His grandmother covered her mouth with her hands, sobbing in shock. "My precious sweetheart..." She said so emotionally, knowing how much Fin wanted to work there. He has looked for countless jobs in the country. And for the first time, he was able to land on his desired workplace. 

Fin packed his things and kissed his grandmother goodbye. "Are you sure you're fine by yourself, grandma?" He asked. His work requires him to stay at the hotel at all times, which means he won't be able to look after her. "Should I reconsider? I can't leave you all alone--"

His grandma immediately slapped his arm. "You brat! What ridiculous things are you saying? I'm still active as a kid!" She picked up Fin's bags and dragged them out of the house. "Don't worry about me, and do your job well."

Fin pouted his lips and hugged her. "You have to be careful, okay? Eat your meals, and don't wake up before sunrise. You won't have to cook for me." He could hear his grandma's muffled sobs. They'll have to part ways for the first time since Fin's parents left them. "I'll see if I can come and visit. Don't miss me too much." He pulls away from the hug and wipes his grandma's tears. 

"You should take care too. Don't give me a reason to worry." Fin nods and carries his black backpack, stepping out of the house. "Be good to your colleagues too!"

"I will!" He replied, taking his other bags with him to the gate. "I'll go now. I'll see you later!" He smiled widely, assuring his grandmother.

Fin didn't have to take a taxi to Chantelle Manor. His grandmother runs a noodle restaurant on Neon Street, so he got to save his pocket money instead of paying a fare. Just in time for lunch, he finds himself standing outside the most magnificent building he has ever seen. 

Chantelle Manor might not have tens of floors, but the diameter is no joke. It's like a hundred shopping malls, dressed up as mansions put together. 

"I'm here," he tells himself with a racing heart.

He went into the building and saw a guest complaining at the front desk already. "There are only five--no--four Bonsai trees in my living room. Didn't I ask for nine of them?" Fin's brows raised. Nine? What difference does it have from an indoor garden? He sighed and continued walking to the room that says "Staff Only" which was meters away from the cafeteria.

He was expecting it to be a simple room with beds. But to his surprise, it looked like a luxurious suite with many rooms. Fin's jaw dropped, along with his bags from his shoulder. The yellow lighting made it look warm and cozy inside. The floors were carpeted in red. Even the furniture looks like it can't be touched by a human hand because it could be worth more than their life. "Am I in the right place?"