🎭46: Two

Kit woke up to the sound of his phone buzzing beside him

Kit woke up to the sound of his phone buzzing beside him. He got wasted that night and found himself on the floor, lying on his stomach. He quietly got up and dismissed the alarm.

Along with his hangover, he also forgot he was with Mirae that night. He still hasn't fully opened his eyes yet but convinced himself that Mirae probably left on her own. 

Kit got up and unknowingly opened his eyes to the red liquid on the floor. He let out a gasp of fear and immediately pulled himself to the corner of the room. His eyes followed where it was coming from and saw Mirae's body leaning against the wall. 

"M-Mirae..." He stuttered under his breath. "B-Blood?" The red liquid was coming from under her leg, making him think she was bleeding. He panted and kept dragging himself to the corner in fear. "How did this happen? Did someone come--" The empty glass on Mirae's hand made him stop and think. "Wait. Was it the wine?" He moved closer to the liquid and looked closely at it.

Kit let out a sigh of relief when he realized that he had gone too far. "I thought something happened." He stands up and quietly walks to Mirae's side. "Why didn't she go home? Did she get very drunk?" Mirae had her head down with her hair all over her face. Kit didn't want to wake her, thinking she needed that rest after she cried last night. 

Quietly, Kit left the room to take a bath, taking the wine, glasses, and the empty box of chicken.

Mirae shot her eyes open a few minutes later, feeling the unfamiliar material under her legs. I'm still here? She thought and quickly stood up. Kit wasn't with her anymore, making her twice annoyed. "He should've woken me up. Why did he leave me here?" She carefully left through the narrow door and fixed her clothes. 

"Hey, I'm leaving!" Mirae shouted for Kit to hear. She couldn't find him in the living room, and she didn't want to keep looking for him. "Thanks for hearing me out. I'll see you around." 

"Wait, wait!" Kit suddenly shouted from the kitchen. He rushed to her with a bowl of dried pollack soup in his hand. Mirae furrowed her brows at the yellow apron he was wearing. "Have this before you leave. I was hoping to eat with you, but you seem in a hurry."

Mirae looked at the bowl, then at him. "I already took too much of your time last night. I don't want to keep inconveniencing you." 

"Don't think of it that way. You're not causing any inconven--" Kit stopped when Mirae didn't hear him out and went straight to the door. She pulled the knob and went out, leaving Kit sighing. "I'll just pack this up for her," he said to himself and returned to the kitchen.

On the other hand, Mirae was quietly walking in the hallway when France approached her with a grin. "Why are you coming out of Kit's room?" he asked with malice.

"Did you think I slept with him? Of course, I didn't," Mirae quickly answered before the other started suspecting it. "I haven't forgotten about what happened yesterday. I still think you're behind Kane's death."