🎭36: Mystery Sender

The phone on the dresser rings as France comes out from the bathroom

The phone on the dresser rings as France comes out from the bathroom. He furrowed his brows and walked towards it. The caller wasn't registered on his phone, making him want to ignore it. "How do these people get my number?" He tightened the knot around his robe and walked away from the dresser.

After a few seconds, the ringing stopped. 

France was about to open his closet when the phone rang again. "Why are they persistent?" Annoyed, he takes the phone and answers the call. "This is  France Park speaking," he said.

"Mr. Park, it's me." France moves the phone away from his ear, recognizing the caller's voice. It's that darned detective again. I thought I made myself clear last time.

"I'd appreciate it if you stop calling me from now on. I don't intend to continue whatever Kane was working on. Please respect my decision." Before the detective could continue, France ended the call and tossed the phone to the bed. "Detectives are so annoying."

The doorbell suddenly rang, causing him to breathe in to calm himself. "What's up with today?!" He angrily stomped to the door and opened it, only to see Lloyd with a package in his hand. "Seriously... Why do detectives keep bothering me?" He looked at Lloyd's clothes and raised a brow. "This is funny. You look like you work here." 

"There are other detectives?" Lloyd looks at him in wonder. "Why is that? Did you do something? You seem to be the person who would cause a big mess."

France scoffed and crossed his arms. "You should keep your nose out of others' lives. You're no longer a detective, aren't you?" 

Lloyd sighed and handed him the box. "Just so you know. I hate this job." Lloyd took one last glance at it and clicked his tongue. It once again had another weird-looking gift wrap. This time, it's wedding-themed. For Pete's sake. Why can't they find a wrap that fits the occasion? 

As he walks away, Lloyd realizes a possible occurrence. "Same weird-looking gift wrap." He stopped and hid behind a potted plant to see what would happen after France opened it. "I'd look a total idiot if he doesn't open that today," he tells himself and waits.

France returned to his room and closed the door. "This is strange. No one sent me packages before." He took a pair of scissors from the drawer and cut the box open. He tilted his head, starting to have a bad feeling about it. 

When he opened the box, cockroaches suddenly came flying toward him. He dropped the box and covered his face. "Fuck! Fuck!!" He shouts as he aggressively brushes them off his arm. "What the fuck?!" They were flying around his room, making him curse one more time and open the door in complete panic. "The hell is wrong with this--" 

He suddenly lost balance and bumped into the person passing in the hallway. Both of them heard something crack, making them freeze. "T-The memory card..." France immediately turns to her in shock, hearing her voice.