🎭28: Gardloom

Ace walks towards the box of  pictures under his desk

Ace walks towards the box of  pictures under his desk. Frowning, he picks it up and sits on the corner of the bed. "How many did she take?" He asks, talking about the photos Triche stole. What happened to Kane is still stuck in his mind, and he couldn't find a way to get rid of it. It had always been like that for Ace.

Laying the box on the bed, he takes a photo of Kane smiling from ear to ear while eating a popsicle outside a convenience store. "She probably still hates me."

After looking back on the past, Ace returned the box under the desk and left the room. The moment he closed the door, he saw Triche leaving Colin's room. 

Triche's eyes grew wide, and she immediately ran to the stairs to avoid him. Ace knows she went into his room, and she couldn't bear locking eyes with him. Ace did find her behavior understandable--she was suspecting him. Then again, Ace wouldn't tell her anything if she had asked nicely.

"I should start with our school," Triche tells herself. "What if Kane had other friends aside from Colin and me?" 

"Triche!" Colin shouts the second the elevator doors open. He hops towards her, fixing the collar of his right shoe on the way. "I'll come with you. I have...someone in mind anyway," he tells her. 

"I thought you didn't want to be involved. How could you change your mind that quickly?" Triche flashed a teasing smile and 'ooooo'-ed at him. "Are you finally treating me as your older sis?!"

"Don't get your hopes high. I'm just a month younger than you." Triche's face faded into a frown in a second. "Come on. We have to be back before it gets late." Colin took the lead and headed to the parking lot outside, Triche following him. "Where do we go?" He asks.

"Our school. The teachers might still recognize us." Triche got in and fastened her seatbelt. "I was hoping they could give us more info about Kane. You know? Her other acquaintances...relatives?"

"You think they'll tell us that?" Colin asked as he sat on the driver's seat. "That's personal information. We can't just ask about that." He stepped on the pedal, starting the car. "If we don't get access to it, what are you planning to do?"

"You know how we used to solve our schoolmates' and neighbors' problems. Did we ever ask permission to go into their backyards and look for anything shady? Yes. But, if they decline--"

"Nope. We are not doing that." Colin takes the wheel and then looks at her. "Triche, we're adults. We can't just spy on people at this age. We know better now."

"Look, I just want to know who was close to Kane other than us. It might help us solve this for her. It's not like we'll do any harm to those people. We're only...helping. Don't you want to know the truth?" Triche asked, raising a brow at him.

"O-Of course, I do. Why did you think I went with you in the first place? What I'm telling you is... We should do this without messing with other people's rights. We should respect them. Let's do it legally." Colin explained, but Triche only replied with a scoff.