🎭33: Into

The grown-ups left Chantelle Manor that morning to attend the seminar

The grown-ups left Chantelle Manor that morning to attend the seminar. Since they'll be gone for a week, the security in the building doubled for their children's safety. However, the kids don't like the idea because it's as if they're watching their every move.

"Where are you going, Ms. Moon?" Asked one of the patrolling guards in the back door. "I must report it to your parents."

Triche clicked her tongue and turned around. How am I supposed to leave this place quietly with all the guards? She thought in frustration. She had already checked every exit in the hotel. Sadly, even the windows had guards. She faced the man and smiled. "I have a scheduled lunch with a friend. I'm running late too."

"And this friend you're referring to is...?" 

Triche furrowed her brows at the man. "Excuse me? That's private. Even my parents wouldn't ask me that. Just tell them I'm going out with a friend. They'll be okay with it." She reasoned. 

But, the man stood straight, looking determined not to let her pass. "The management strictly ordered not to let one of the guests leave unless it's an urgent matter. I need to tell your parents exactly who and where you're meeting a friend. I hope you understand." 

"That's bullshit. Are you keeping us like prisoners in here? Can't I even have lunch with my friends? Does eating outside do any harm?" Triche wide-eyed complained. "I know you're only doing your job, mister. But I have somewhere to go too. My parents aren't even this strict."

"My apologies, Ms. Moon. We have to follow the protocol," the man still defended, causing Triche to boil internally.

"They're out of their minds," She quietly said and returned to the hallway. 

Triche planned to continue looking for people in the building who might be related to Kane that morning. She thought it was an opportunity because her parents won't be around. Unfortunately, her plans went downhill when the guards arrived and secured all exits.

She went inside her room and ran to the balcony. "I guess I have to do it again." Kneeling on one knee, she tightened her shoelaces and started stretching her body. She turned to the other balconies, sighing at how far they were from each other. "It's worth a try, though."

With that, she stood on the bar of her balcony and leaped to the nearest, lower one. Turning to the window, she saw a female guest watching a movie while painting her nails. She quickly covered her face and faced the front. I might get caught at this rate. She thought of doing it quietly, not to startle the other guests.

Leaning towards the bar, she could tell that the distance to the ground was no longer that far. She had her experiences during her teenage days. That kind of height didn't faze her.

She grabs onto the bar and jumps, landing on both feet. "I still got it," she tells herself and smiles. "All right. Where was I heading?" Triche pulls out her phone from her pocket and turns to the map. She typed in "Prim Middle School," where the stalking happened. The information the principal gave her last time was insufficient, and Triche wanted to know what exactly happened between the two.