🎭48: Identity of an Outsider

"One of the waitresses of the bar left with France that night

"One of the waitresses of the bar left with France that night. France asked for her specifically when he got drunk." Lloyd took out a USB drive from his pocket. "This is a compilation of the footage focusing on France park's car. It shows that he headed to the hotel that night. Chantelle Manor's cameras weren't working, so we can't confirm if the waitress also went in."

"The girl's name. Did you ask the former manager about that?" Swan asked.

"Bree Kang. According to him, she no longer works at the bar and is currently unemployed. What's strange about it is that she decided to resign from work just recently, the day after Kane's murder went public. Her colleagues didn't know the reason why it happened suddenly."

"That's definitely worth digging. I'll report this to Chef Anne and see what we can get from her. If she really did come with France on the night of the murder, we might get ourselves a lead. As you said, we'll be one step ahead of the new detective in charge." Swan smiled and patted his arm. "I'll call you." She kept the USB in her pocket and returned to the hotel.

What Swan and Lloyd didn't notice were the two pairs of ears secretly listening to their conversation the whole time. "They were working together," Winnie whispered to herself. "And France brought an outsider to the hotel on the night of the murder. Why would he do such a thing when he knew the rules very well...?!" She quietly shouted in frustration.

On the other hand, the other person rushed to the elevator after hearing Swan and Lloyd's discovery. "Colin!" She shouted the second she got on his floor. After pressing the doorbell many times, Colin opened the door and let her in.

"You're sweating. Did something happen?" He asked.

"Remember when I asked you if you have a girlfriend?" Triche panted and grabbed his shoulders. "I forgot to ask you one important thing. Did you leave your room before the power outage on the night of Kane's murder?"

"Why are you asking that all of a sudden--"

"Did you or did you not?!" Triche shouted, starting to feel agitated.

"I was in my room that night. Why would I get out that late?" Colin answered.

"Right? It wasn't you with someone. It was France Park and that waitress." Triche quietly said and sat on the couch. "I saw them with my two eyes, but I ignored it because I thought you were France. I thought I should be minding my business and returned to my room..."

"Triche, you're not making any sense. What's going on?"

"I overheard Swan and Lloyd's conversation a while ago. They were also suspecting France of the murder and investigated it. They found out that France left with a waitress that night, but they don't know if she went in with him. But, I saw them-- I fucking saw that woman." She looked at Colin with fear in her eyes. "Kane's killer could be an outsider. It could've been that girl I saw."