🎭11: Out and In

"Can't you just tell me why you fired me that day of all days?!" Fin shouted at the manager

"Can't you just tell me why you fired me that day of all days?!" Fin shouted at the manager. Fortunately, after getting caught, they took him to the hotel manager. Fin wanted to see that man the most. "Did I do anything wrong? Did I break any rule?"

"Fin, that's enough. Just accept that the higher-ups fired you. They don't need a reason to do that. It's not something unusual around here. They can fire whoever they want, whenever they want, so stop coming here. You're causing trouble to our guests!" the manager said.

"But, that's unfair. I've been doing my best for the past week. I won't let those people throw me away for no reason. Just let me talk to them," Fin insisted. He was willing to climb the gates once more if they kicked him out this time. 

"You are going to make me lose my job. It's already tough that a detective is coming in and out of the hotel. It was not supposed to happen. Don't add to my list of burdens. Fin, do me a favor and go home. You'll find another job."

"Is it because I was the one who found Kane's body?" Fin thought of that reason after asking himself on repeat what he has done. The hotel had to pay many reporters not to air what happened. They had to make the whole neighborhood shut up, and it probably cost them a lot. "Shouldn't I have reported the body? Should I have kept it a secret like what everyone wants to do?"

"What happens in Chantelle Manor stays in Chantelle Manor. That's the most important rule. But, what happened? The word got out, and we're just thankful because those people accepted the money. Chantelle Manor has a reputation to keep." Fin scoffed at what the manager said.

"It's really because of that? If I didn't call an ambulance and told you that she was bleeding, what would the higher-ups do? Will they bury her body somewhere deserted? And let me remind you that the person who killed her hasn't been found yet. No one's safe in this building until the detective figures it out. But you people fired me after calling for help? Does that make sense?"

"You don't understand how it works here, Fin. Maybe that's the reason why they got rid of you. You see, these people don't care if a murderer is on the loose. That doesn't bother them. What would bother them is someone from outside freely walking around the building. You made that person come here by calling the ambulance first instead of asking for my permission."

Fin shakes his head in disbelief. "You're all disgusting. I don't even remember why I wanted to work here in the first place." He fixed his hoodie and left the staff's room--which he once considered a sign of success.

Walking out with his head down, he suddenly bumped into Geo in the hallway. Geo looked at him and widened his eyes. "Oh? You're that guy!" Geo exclaimed. "I remember you clearly! I thought they fired you."

How can he look okay after what he's done? Fin thought. He always believed that Geo sneaked out and lured him inside his room to murder Kane. Geo wanted to make sure that no one would be able to witness what he was going to do. That's why he asked Fin to unclog the toilet that Geo clogged himself. It was what Fin thought after thinking about the possibilities. "Why can't you just tell them it was you to end this once and for all?" Fin asked.

"What are you saying? Tell them what?"

He's even playing dumb? "I'll prove to everyone that it was you. You won't be able to deny it when all evidence is pointing at you." Fin continued walking, bumping Geo's shoulder. 

Geo turns around, furrowing his brows at how Fin acted. "What's up with him? Is he suspecting me?" He looks at Fin's back as the latter pushes the door open, heading out.

Fin stopped and looked at the building once again. "They make everyone believe that it's the most magnificent place in Neon Street. Honestly, I feel bad for myself for believing that."

"Mr. Kim!" Lloyd suddenly arrived. He called, wanting to ask Fin if he knew about Kane's close relationships or if he, himself, was one of those people.

Present.

"What do you mean you can't give me all the footage? All I'm asking for are the footage with Kane Son." After finding out that everyone had left for the party, Lloyd continued checking the footage to look for 'Meow'. The operator said he could no longer see the cameras, unfortunately. "You let me watch them a few hours ago. I only went out to have dinner. What happened?"

"I'm sorry, sir. The higher-ups asked me not to give you access starting now." The man bowed and gave him a really regretful expression. "I have no choice but to obey. You need a warrant to get all the footage, according to them. I'm very sorry."

Lloyd clicks his tongue, putting his hands on his waist. "I only have five days left, but they decided not to show me all the footage? Don't those people want to know who killed the victim? Why are they limiting my access?" He left the room, fuming. The more he wants to solve this case, the harder it gets because he has no power. He couldn't request a warrant because of the insufficient evidence. What Winnie told him is a possibility too--he's just too stubborn to consider it.

Lloyd returned to the station to go through everything he gathered, hoping to figure something out. "I have Kane Son's phone, statements from those in the building, the footage I got of the day of the murder, results from the forensic team, and...that's it." He let out a sigh, leaning against his seat. "How the hell did the killer not leave anything? Was it an expert?" He scoffed and grabbed the forensic results. 

"They found nothing but Kane Son's DNA in the room? Do they expect me to believe this crap?" He tossed the papers to the desk and massaged his temple. "These people are clearly tampering with evidence, and I can't do shit about it."

--

Triche and Colin rushed back from the party before it ended. Apparently, Colin's stomach ached after eating too many stacks of pancakes. "Who knew a human being could finish more than twenty pancakes? I never knew it was possible," Triche said, helping him get to his room.

"I was hungry. Pancakes were the first ones I saw on the table." They went inside his room, and Colin immediately ran to the restroom to release it all. "I'm good. You can leave now," he said, his voice echoing in the room.

"Gluttony. Ulch." Triche left Colin's room and walked to hers. Passing by Kane's room, she suddenly felt herself shivering. "What are you doing? You know how I hate sinister stuff, Kane. This better be not you." She walked briskly towards her room. But before she could unlock the door, Ace's room caught her attention. The door wasn't properly closed again, making her want to snoop around. "It's not my fault he left his door open twice."

Making up her mind, Triche tiptoed towards his door and opened it. She looked around from outside, observing if it was really safe to go in. It's not like I'm planning to steal his things. I just want to... look around. She thought and entered.

Triche wanted to see what was inside Ace's drawer last time, but she failed after Ace caught her. She thought it was the perfect opportunity to calm her curiosity now that she had another chance. She went to his bedroom, standing firmly in front of the drawers. "Okay..." 

Taking a deep breath, Triche knelt and carefully pulled the drawer open. She leaned in to see what was inside. 

A loud gasp escaped her lips when she saw a bunch of pictures. "What are these?" She grabbed a few ones and looked at them with furrowed brows. "Why on earth would Ace have these pictures... of Kane?"

Triche quickly kept some of the pictures then left Ace's room. Ace might arrive and catch her again before she reaches a conclusion.

--

It's starting!! I had a few minutes to spare, so thankfully I was able to finish this chapter😫 I'll also try to keep it organized as I can since these chapters might confuse most of us😅 I hope it's okay!💕 I'll be back with a new one soon🤞