🎭37: The Alley Chase

"Are we just gonna wait here?" Kit asked while bending his knees behind Mirae

"Are we just gonna wait here?" Kit asked while bending his knees behind Mirae. They followed the guy they saw and saw him hiding behind a building. They didn't chase or attack him to find out what he went there for. They just stayed there and watched. "It's been ten minutes. It'll get really dark soon," he worriedly told her.

"Then go back. I'm staying here until that guy makes a move," said Mirae, narrowing her eyes. "I feel like I've seen that build somewhere. He's definitely one of the guests."

Kit slid himself against the wall and sat on the ground. "Does she expect me to leave knowing  how dangerous it is to tail someone?" He quietly said, hugging his legs in fear. "Tell me when he does something--"

"He ran...!" Mirae quickly left their spot and chased the person. 

Kit cursed in his mind and got up, following her. "This won't do. I'll go ahead of you and block him." He looked around and saw an alleyway with a dead-end nearby. "Lure him over there." Kit pointed for Mirae and started running in that direction.

"Okay, okay... How should I lure him there?" She started to feel exhausted, making her pant harder. The guy was getting further away, and Mirae couldn't allow it. "Hey!!" She shouted, making the guy turn in her direction. 

Mirae thought he would get scared and run to the dark alleyway that Kit talked about, but she thought wrong. The guy stopped running as if he was waiting for her to come closer.

"Who..." She panted and palmed her chest. "Who are you? Are you spying on the employees?" They were approximately a meter away from one another. But it didn't scare Mirae. She still took another step and glared at him. "Answer me."

The man looked around the area and noticed that only a few people were there. They were probably in the least popular spot in the street. Seeing that, the guy walked closer to her, making Mirae take a few steps back. "D-Do you know me?" She asked, trying not to tremble. 

Instead of an answer, the guy suddenly tried to grab her arm. 

Kit, on the other hand, found it weird that Mirae and the person they were chasing have not arrived yet. It worried him, and he immediately returned to where he saw them last. "Don't tell me she's trying to take him on her own."

When he arrived, he saw Mirae struggling while getting dragged by the guy towards the back of a building. "Get away from her!" He ran to them and attempted to throw a punch at the guy but missed. It made the latter let go of Mirae to take on Kit.

Kit expected it to be a simple fistfight. But when the guy pulled out a knife from his pocket, he immediately knew he would be no match for him. He looked at the knife that was pointing at him and gulped. "T-Take it easy now," he said, putting his hands in front of him.

The guy didn't listen and swung the knife at him. Kit ducked and avoided it, but it left him petrified. "What is wrong with you?!" Mirae grabbed his arm and pulled him to the road, seeing that he wasn't moving.