🎭20: Caught in Picture

"Geo Jung

"Geo Jung..." Fin quietly said, restlessly moving his foot up and down. "Why was he with Kane? And where the hell is this place?" He kept looking at the picture, trying to figure out his relationship with her. It's still their break time, and Fin decided to use up his time that way.

"They're giving out brownies in the kitchen." Lloyd went inside the room, startling Fin, who immediately hid the picture under the sheets. "How can I be sure that it's not poisoned?"

"Why the hell would they do something stupid? They're giving out brownies to a lot of people. If they all get poisoned, who would be reliable?" Fin said. He patted his side and made sure that the picture was well hidden.

"That is a good point. It makes me want to ask you... Do you want to help me with my case? It's better than working alone. Besides, we share the same room," Lloyd offered, but Fin was surprisingly strongly against it.

"I don't want it. I only want to focus on my work." He stood from the bed, fixing his suit. "You said they're free, right? The brownies?"

"I won't eat them if I were you. Everything is questionable in this place. Even the package I just delivered was weird. They're rich bastards but can't even find a better gift wrap," Lloyd said, but Fin ignored him and left the room. "Does he have beef with me?" He clicked his tongue, plopping himself down on the bed. He suddenly heard a sound coming from under the sheets and sat. "Oh?" He exclaimed in surprise.

Out of curiosity, Lloyd pulled it up and checked what was underneath. The picture that Fin hid immediately caught his attention. "What the hell?" He took it and saw Geo and Kane together. "Didn't Geo fail to recognize Kane when I showed him her picture? Is it because of his condition? But, he would've remembered her name, at least."

Lloyd's questions kept coming, and there was only one way to put his mind at ease. He hurriedly left the room to question Geo about the picture. He was standing outside the latter's room when he realized the door was narrowly open. Lifting his head, he grabbed the doorknob and barged in without warning.

Inside, he found Geo on the floor with Fin attempting to throw another punch at the former. "What is happening here?!" Lloyd shouted, pulling Fin away from Geo.

Geo quickly stood up and felt the bruise on his left cheek. "What did I do to you?!" He furiously shouted at Fin, Lloyd blocking them.

"I'm sorry. Let me talk to him." Lloyd faced Fin, holding both his arms tightly. "I thought you didn't want to get fired. Your grandmother's sick, isn't she? Get it together, and leave it to me."

"He's lying. I know that he had something going on with Kane, but he keeps denying it. He's using his condition to save his fucking skin!"

"What the hell is your problem?! I opened the door, thinking he was doing one of those services, but he suddenly attacked me!" Geo explained, moving closer to the two. "Your grandmother's sick? Shouldn't you think about that first before doing this to a guest? I can report you right now, but I won't because of what he—" Geo stopped and looked at Lloyd. "Wait. Aren't you—" He immediately stopped and covered his mouth.