🎭35: Last Conversation

Triche got off the taxi, looking at the building in front of her

Triche got off the taxi, looking at the building in front of her. "Prim is one of the reputable schools in this country. How could they let one of their students get harassed?" As she stepped into the building, a girl suddenly grabbed her arm from behind. Triche jolted in surprise and moved away from her. "Excuse me?"

She looked at the person who grabbed her and noticed that they were the same age. The girl wore a pink long-sleeved shirt and white sweatpants. "Triche Moon, right?" She asked, leaving Triche confused.

"How do you know me?" Triche looked at her from head to toe, furrowing her brows. I don't think we met somewhere. 

"I'm Samantha Cheon. We haven't met yet, but I've heard a lot about you from Kane." The mention of Kane's name grabbed Triche's attention. She stood straight, willing to listen to the girl. It was why she came there in the first place. 

"H-How do you know Kane?" Triche asked.

"We were friends during her stay here in Prim. She moved to a different school, but we didn't lose contact. Kane would tell Claire and me all about you and your other friend. It's a shame we couldn't meet while she's still here." The girl looked away with a grim face. "I... heard what happened."

It would've been nice to meet the people Kane was friends with. I'm sure there are more of them out there. It's just disappointing that she couldn't be with us even if that does happen. "What are you doing here, though? I was going to talk to the principal about her." Triche asked.

"Oh, I work here as a part-time sports teacher. I can talk about Kane if you want. Trust me. The principal doesn't know shit about her. They only see Kane as a diligent young girl and all those books and studying," said Samantha.

"I think that would be better," Triche let out a shy laugh and followed her to the school's field. "You said Kane's not all books and studying. I'm embarrassed to say this, but it's the way Colin and I see her too. I mean, most of the time, Kane stays on the safe side." She sat on the bleachers as Samantha handed her a soda.

"I can't believe she never showed her crazy side." She sat beside Triche, smiling bitterly. "Has she told you about Ace Min? We all thought he was a nice guy. Actually, Kane convinced us that he was a nice guy. But, since we found out that Ace was the one who stalked her, she had a hard time trusting people." 

"What was she exactly before she encountered Ace?" asked Triche.

"A free soul? She did whatever she felt like doing. She talked to people she wanted to talk to. She was also like a big ball of positive energy. It is why we couldn't resist whenever she asked us to hang out. We never had a dull moment with her. We went roller skating once--my first time. Kane would do all silly tricks just to make me start trying it. It turns out that she was afraid of doing it as well but cheered us on nonetheless. Risky things never fazed her. But, when Kane told us that she felt in danger every time she's outside, she started to change."