🎭34: The Wrong Intuition

"Kane, six o'clock!" Colin shouts, running in Kane's direction

"Kane, six o'clock!" Colin shouts, running in Kane's direction. The girl chasing Kane grabbed her hair from the back and took the pouch Kane held. 

"Don't you dare touch her!" Triche shouts as she approaches her. She slapped the girl across the face and took the pouch from her, getting mad at what the girl did to Kane. "You stole someone's art kit! Quit acting up and cooperate!"

Kane and Colin walked towards Triche, panting after chasing the girl for about five minutes. "Why would you even do that? You could've just borrowed it from her. She's your friend, isn't she?" Triche asked. 

A schoolmate of theirs asked for their help a few days ago. She lost her art kit when she went to the restroom one school day. It cost her parents a lot, so she freaked out when she lost it. Apparently, her "friend" stole the kit and pretended to feel concerned. Kane was the one who led the investigation this time, and Colin and Triche couldn't be more proud when she solved it.

"Apologize to her tomorrow. We won't tell your friend what happened ourselves. You should be the one to admit what you've done," Colin said, looking at the art kit in Triche's hands. "Seriously. Is it too hard to ask her nicely?"

"Mich will never let me borrow it. She always keeps it to herself because it's expensive. I'm in the same art class too! I'm her friend too! I'm not careless enough to lose or break them. I had to represent the school in the upcoming drawing contest, and I don't have the materials for it. I asked Mich nicely, but she refused," the girl explained, leaving the three sighing.

"If she refused, you should respect that. You have a good reason to borrow the art kit, but you can't steal it from her. Mich was worried when she came to us. I hope the two of you sort this out. We'll give her the kit tomorrow, and you should apologize to her as well," Kane said. 

After obtaining the art kit, the three went to the nearest convenience store to celebrate another solved case. "You're getting good at this," Triche complimented. "It's been only a month since you joined us. You're also gaining fans every day. That never happened to us."

"That's true. Into became more popular when Kane came." Colin took out his phone and showed it to Kane. "See the comments? I can barely see one for me. Everyone's rooting for you." 

Kane smiled and looked at both of them. "Hey... I'm still your biggest fan. I never knew I would like to do something like this. I even met two cool friends!" She exclaimed and chugged on her energy drink.

"You're right... I wish we could do this forever!!" Triche pouted. "Do you think we'll become future detectives? Cops?"

"I doubt that. We can't even tell our parents about this. How are we gonna tell them that we want to become that in the future? We all know our fates are decided already. There's no point in letting them know," Colin sadly said, hanging his head low. 

"We can always have a double life just like this in the future. After work, we'll meet up at our secret hideout and carry out our missions. You know, like what superheroes do. I think it would be fun." Kane suggested with a faint smile on her face.