🎭55: Mutual Trust

Mirae runs to Kit's room to warn him about what her parents might do

Mirae runs to Kit's room to warn him about what her parents might do. It's better to let him know now before they bombard him with questions. She rang the doorbell, and Kit immediately opened the door in a second.

He looked at Mirae's clothes and wondered why they were still the same. "I thought you were taking a shower?"

Mirae grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. She pushed the door close to make sure no one would hear their conversation. "Did..." She stopped and took a deep breath. "Did you know a knife is hidden under the plant right there?" She asked, pointing at the area where she saw it.

Kit furrowed his brows and cocked his head. "I'm not following you. What's going on?"

"Fuck. Just answer me! Did you or did you not hide a fucking knife under that plant?!" Kit jolted at her sudden outburst. "I might have put you in danger. I took that thing with me without thinking of the consequences. If I only left it where it was, they wouldn't be after you right now. That's why I want to set things clear. Did you know about the knife in your room?"

"No, I didn't. I don't even know what knife you're talking about. Did I misplace one of the knives?" Kit went to the kitchen with Mirae following him from behind to check the set of knives he had in the kitchen.

One, two, three, four... Mirae counted. "There should be five. Where did you put the other one?"

Kit pointed at the trolley positioned close to the door. "Our food arrived. I figured I should prepare the utensils before you arrive. So, what knife are you talking about?"

Mirae rushed to the trolley. Indeed, the other knife was there beside the steak. "That proves that you're not the knife's owner It was someone else's." She faced Kit and sighed in relief. "They can't link it to you, no matter how it was used. I was right. Someone's really trying to frame you."

"Wait. I still don't get what's happening. I have a knife under my potted plant, and it turns out it wasn't mine. And you're suspecting that someone put it there on purpose to make me take the blame on something." Kit sums up. "Where's the knife we're talking about?"

Mirae whined and paced back and forth. "My parents caught me and made me tell where I saw it. I tried not telling them! I kept saying I'll handle it myself, but they were cornering me! I had no choice!" She looked at him and sighed. "But, don't worry. We confirmed that it wasn't your knife. We just need to tighten some loose ends."

"Why are you making a big deal out of this? It was just a knife."

"Kit, it had blood on it. It appears to have been wiped with something. My parents suspect you right now--we need more evidence to counter their claim. I messed up, so I'll find a way to fix this."

Kit watched as Mirae started searching his room. He stood there, trying to understand why she was panicked about it. "You don't think it's related to the murder, do you?" He suddenly asked.