🎭17: Sneak Out

"You know nothing," Fin said, looking away from Lloyd

"You came back here despite knowing how horrible everyone is? You said they fired you because you called the ambulance for Kane. Does that sound reasonable to you? You have no reason to apply again in this hell of a place. They don't even feel sorry for Kane Son."

"I just want to earn, okay? My grandma fell sick, so I had no choice but to return. They pay their employees thrice bigger than other hotels. I can just ignore that they're heartless for my family's sake," Fin said, sitting on the bed.

"Your parents? Can't you ask them for money? Why do you have to be so selfless? If I had a choice, I would be working somewhere else." Lloyd sat beside him while fixing his hair. 

Fin looked at him and wondered if Lloyd's worth trusting. They're still not that close. All he knows about the guy is he was a detective, and he's very determined to find the truth. "That's personal. Stop asking questions and get ready. The manager's waiting for us at the lobby." Fin stood up and opened the door.

"Manager? That guy who assisted me with the case?" Lloyd worriedly asked, remembering that the manager knew who he was. "That's not good. He'll tell the higher-ups about me."

Fin turned to him and smiled bitterly. "Too bad. I'm sure you'll find a better job."

Lloyd quickly took off his shoe and chased the other with it. Fin screams, rushing to the staff's room's main door. "You little shit! I won't back you up if he snitches on you!" Fin shouts at him while protecting the back of his head with his hands. 

In one of the rooms, Kit dines with his parents in silence. His parents found it odd that he didn't say a word besides 'hello' to them. His mother looked at him then faced her husband. 'What do we do?' she mouths to him.

Kit's father cleared his throat and wiped his lips with the napkin. "Anything interesting today, son?" He asks. "Did you make new friends?" Kit's mom turned to him and nodded, seconding his father's question.

Kit looks at them with a sigh. "Am I still in high school? Why are you asking weird questions?" 

"You're not talking to us. Did something happen? You know we can help you with anything," His mom worriedly said. But Kit suddenly stood up and left the table. "Kit? Did we upset you?" She asks, standing from her seat. Still, Kit ignored them and headed to his room. 

Locking the door, Kit sits on the bed, staring blankly at the wall. "How did it end up like this?" He quietly said under his breath. "Why can't I do anything?" 

"I'm so sorry!" He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the commotion outside. "I didn't know his parents were here." 

Kit slowly stood up, furrowing his brows. He didn't have the courage to leave his room yet, so he stayed inside and leaned against the door to listen.

"I really don't know how to explain this. I can assure you that I'm nothing other than a neighbor, though." That voice sounds familiar. Kit thought, making him crack the door open to see who it was. His eyes grew, realizing that it was Mirae in her pink pajamas under a white jacket. What is she doing here at this hour?