🎭72: Witnessing

"Who could it be?" Winne paced back and forth in the indoor garden

"Who could it be?" Winne paced back and forth in the indoor garden. After sending Mirae off, she thought she should make guesses on who that man was and his intentions. "Lloyd said they couldn't find a trace of that person. I thought it was impossible, but it made sense after Mirae said she wasn't attacked. If he didn't want to attack her...why would he make an effort to break into her room? Or was it too late to attack Mirae because she fainted?"

"What are you thinking of so seriously?" France peeked, leaning on the doorframe. "Mirae was just here. I heard her family's leaving the hotel. Did you say goodbye already?"

"I'd be the first person to know about that. Of course, I bade goodbye. I'm planning to visit her at their house tomorrow too." Winnie pulled out a chair to sit for a second. "If you don't mind, I don't want to be bothered right now."

"Why not? I'll help you with...thinking." France walked towards the table and sat across from Winnie. "What is it about? Should I make guesses?"

"I don't need your company. Just go. You probably thought I forgot about what happened in the past, and it's okay to approach me so casually now. But I still get worked up when I see you. Can't you do me a favor and ignore me like how you did before? You keep saying you're worried. But you're only making me uncomfortable."

France cleared his throat and dragged his chair from the table. "I see. You can approach me whenever you want, though. Ask me for help or anything. I wouldn't mind that." He stood up and smiled. "I guess I'll just see you around and not approach you." He turned around and walked to the entrance, leaving the garden.

"Is he mad? Why would I ask him for help?" Winnie clicked her tongue and shook her head in disbelief. Her phone suddenly buzzed in her pocket, catching her off guard. She quickly took it out and saw the convenience store cashier's name. She gave her contact details in case the owner of the memory card came by. She answered the call and placed her phone close to her ear. "Hello?"

"Ms. Park?" The cashier asked. "The customer you were looking for is here right now. She's talking to someone. What do you want me to do?"

"Tell me right away if she's about to leave. If you can, could you buy me some time if that happens?"

"I'll see what I can do, Ms. Park." 

Winnie ended the call and rushed to the parking lot to get her car. "I can't miss this. It might be my last chance to catch her."  

--

"Where are you going?" Triche asked when Colin suddenly left his bedroom. "Don't tell me you're going...there," she said with fear in her eyes. "We talked about this--"

"Why would I do that? I promised you I wouldn't tell anyone. My dad asked me to meet him at the company. It won't take long. You don't have to worry about anything." Colin opened the door and took one last glance at Triche. "You...trust me, right?"