🎭45: Same Case

Kit sits on the sofa with his phone glued to his hand the whole time

Kit sits on the sofa with his phone glued to his hand the whole time. He had his eyes on the text messages on his phone, recalling memories. Suddenly, his room's bell rang, taking him back to reality. "Are my parents here?" He quietly asked as he walked to the door.

Opening it, he saw Mirae looking like her spirit just left her body. Mirae realized Kit was in front of her and stepped back. "O-Oh." He looked at her, pointing to the button of his bell, and then immediately put it down. "Sorry. I didn't mean that. I-I'm not myself right now."

Kit went out to look closely at her face. Seeing this, Mirae looked down to hide it from him. She got embarrassed about letting him see how much of a mess she was now. "Did you cry?" Kit asked. Mirae immediately shook her head and closed her eyes. "I've seen it." Kit looked around them and suddenly heard a man calling Mirae's name.

"You can't leave like that." Mirae turned to the stairs and trembled. It's dad. Her parents were looking for her after their argument. But she didn't want to face them after what they did. 

Mirae was about to walk away when Kit quickly held onto her arm. "Do you want to come in for a second?" He asked. Mirae didn't think again and stepped inside his room to hide. Kit let go of her with assurance on his face before leaving the room. He closed the door as if he was heading somewhere and met Mirae's parents in the hallway. "Excuse me," he started. "Are you looking for someone?"

Mirae's father looked at him and cleared his throat. He recognized Kit from the party-- the guy Mirae suddenly pulled with her. "You know our daughter Mirae, don't you?" He asked.

"Yes, sir. We just talked a few minutes ago," Kit said. Of course, he has no plan of selling Mirae  out. In fact, he wanted to help her get away from them for a while. 

"That means you know where she is. Where did she go? We were in the middle of our conversation, and then she suddenly slammed the door on us," her mother complained. 

"We talked in the hallway, but she had already gone upstairs. I also noticed that she was in a hurry. Did... something happen--"

"It's nothing serious. Thanks for your help." Mirae's father led the way to the stairs with Mirae's mom behind him. 

After ensuring that they were away, Kit returned to his room and found Mirae sitting on the floor. She was behind the door, hugging her knees close to her chest. "I told them you went upstairs. They don't know you're here," he said as he sat next to her. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm marrying him," Mirae suddenly said, leaving Kit confused. "They already scheduled everything with Benjamin's parents. I was the last to know about my wedding." Mirae hugged her knees tighter and looked away. "I can't believe I brought myself here. I must've interrupted you with something."

"I won't lie to you. You did." Kit chuckled and stood up. He reached his hand out and waited for her to grab it. "I know a good spot to cheer you up.

Mirae looked at his hand in front of her and scrunched her brows. "I don't want to go out," she said, worried that her parents might find her and bother her about the marriage again.