🎭57: How Well Do You Know Your Friends?

"You're suddenly suspecting Fin? You were so confident that you could trust that guy," Swan said after Lloyd told her what Kit said

"You're suddenly suspecting Fin? You were so confident that you could trust that guy," Swan said after Lloyd told her what Kit said. "Understandable. Now you know we can't trust everyone easily. Kane Son wanted to meet Fin? Has Fin ever hinted that he knew Kane?"

"Now that you asked, I never noticed how Fin became so invested in Kane's case. When I asked why he returned despite how the management treated him, he said he needed money for his grandmother. But after some time, he started a fight with Geo Jung, thinking he was in a relationship with Kane. It doesn't add up." Lloyd sighed in frustration. He never expected someone close to him would hide a big piece of the puzzle.

"He was the only employee in the building when the blackout occurred. Did you ask him what he was doing here when everyone was at the party?" Swan asked.

"He said he had to look out for the guests who stayed. With Kit's statement, I think it wasn't the real reason. What if he stayed behind because Kane asked to talk to him?"

"Will his seniors let him, though?" Swan crossed her arms and looked up. "Unless he stayed here without letting them know."

"I really don't want to suspect Fin. He also said he wanted to know who killed Kane, right? It could be one of the reasons why he came back--his grandmother and the murder." Lloyd paced back in forth nervously. If Fin turns out to be the culprit, he wouldn't know what to feel. 

"All right. Let's get him on board," Swan said, making Lloyd turn to her in surprise. "Why do you look like that? You kept persuading me all morning."

"Swan, he just became one of the suspects. You want to get him on board now?" Lloyd looked completely confused, making Swan snort. "You said it yourself. We can't blow this."

"If Fin's the killer, then we already caught him before anyone else. He probably wanted to help us, so we wouldn't suspect him or completely put the blame on someone else. We should keep a close eye on him while he's working with us." Swan's phone suddenly rang. She took it from her pocket and sighed, seeing Hansel's mother's name. "I have to go. Tell Fin the good news."

"Are you sure about this--" He stopped when he saw Swan leaving the convenience store. "When did she get this risky?" Lloyd decided to take his time in the convenience store to think about it more. "Kane and Fin would steal glances at each other days before the murder. Does it have to do something with what Kit said? Did they really know each other?"

Night has fallen, and the guests in Chantelle Manor are already in their rooms after the curfew. Lloyd quietly stands from his bed, giving up sleep. What he found out has been bothering him the whole day. He hasn't even told Fin that Swan agreed to let him join them. He slowly turns to Fin's bed next to his. To his surprise, his roommate wasn't there. "Where did he go at this hour?"

Lloyd tiptoed to the door and opened it quietly. Seeing that Fin wasn't in the receiving room too, he hurried out to the hallways to find out what had happened to him. After running around, searching for him, "Lloyd?" Lloyd quickly turned around and saw Fin approaching. He stood straight and pulled the other to the elevator. "What the heck? Are you all right?"